appearance after body lift

Redrig

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gettysburg,PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
on a 1st gen x does alot of the frame and underneath show after a 3in bodylift? i hate the way a s-10 looks if you know what i mean. any pics posted or emailed to me at svt_50@hotmail.com of your x with just a 3in body lift will be greatly appreciated. ive been trying to find pics but im seeing alot of 2nd gens and most have the aal and tt with the body lift i dont know if that affects it. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think the gap is noticable

FYI: on the second gens the aal and tt does not affect the gap between the frame and the body

PEACE:eek:

srry i dont and cant think of ne pics

so do you think i could base my judgment on a 2nd gen or do you think the gap would be different on my 94

you're going to have a gap, unless you step up and buy the filler kit.

:chug: :chug:

Or you can use running boards to mask the gap. Once I do my 2" BL I will put on the stock running boards to help short people (my gf ;)) get back into my truck and to mask the body some. I don't know about the 1 Gen's, but the 2nd Gen's the body actually wraps down around the frame ~ the rockers come down as low as the frame, so you'll have to go a while before the frame is visible. Take a look at Ahhhjaws' ride he's only got a BL. There's a 1st Gen XLT around here with a 3" BL and 32's and you can tell its lifted, but there aren't gaps, the only reason you can tell its lifted is that the front and rear bumpers are pretty ghetto b/c he did a bad job of fabbing stuff.

hitch gap

With the Frist Gen X after you lift the body what do you do with the trailer hitch? won't there be a 2 or 3 inch gap?

yeah there is a gap on any vehicle if you BL it and have a hitch. i moved my hitch and it looks much better.
surprisingly though.. it didn't look bad before hand.

Here's what the BL will look like:
CW-Moab02_X3-A72.jpg

And here is what the hitch will look like. It's not that bad and keeps me from hitting my bumper, but I will be getting someone to make it higher sometime.
Exterior.jpg

Thanks

The picture of the rear did not work. but i was able to see it in your photo album
Thanks

Yeah, I forgot the link to the other pic of the rear, so it didn't work. You can go to my website also for more pics of everything.

I just have a 3" BL with 31's. Hope that helps.

Back