Attn: Colorado Rangers (and Explorers) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Attn: Colorado Rangers (and Explorers)

lonewolf

Elite Ranger
Reaction score
City, State
Westminster, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
Y2K XLT 4door SuperCab
I know that you Explorer Folk allow us Ranger people to hang out around here, so I thought I would post some info about a trail ride that we are planning for this Saturday (june 30) and give y'all an invite! Ill have more info about our Rally Point and time soon. If any of you are interested, shoot me an email or give me a call on my cell at 303-817-9004.

Sorry about the short notice. We will also have a quick meeting about planning future events. Maybe we can plan some "cooperative adventures"!

From the Rough Ranger Off Road Club Boards:

Cpousnr is planning a trip on Saturday!

From Cpousnr:
"We could go do the area around Castle Rock, some arroyo's and a couple of hills. Then we could go over to Rampart Range. There is a 4X4 trail I have read about, Class 3, that goes up from Colo 105 up to the Rampart Range road. From there we can go down to the 16 mile mark and take a run over to Deckers area ..."

Hope to see several Colorado Rangers <and Explorers> there!

Also don't forget All Ford Day at Bandimere Speedway on Sunday!

------------------
Micah 4:2
------------------
Jared R. Finkenbinder
Black Y2K Ford Ranger SC/4door/4.0L/5sp-auto/4.1:1 ls/4x4OffRoad/Goodyear MTr's
lonewolf@ultra2k.com
RRORC Founding Member

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We just got done doing a run last weekend so we are just going to stay home this weekend. I would like to maybe go check out the all Ford day.

What show classes do they have for the four wheel drives??

Perry, how did you like the run? Challenging or Sunday drive?

Just curious.

BTW, Ranger folks, we appreciate the invite!!

Ok, I understand needing a break for the weekend.

However if anyone wants to come, you all are still welcome!! :D

Here is the 411:

Rally Point: Meet at the Diamond Shamrock on South Sante Fe and C470.

Time: 12:30-1PM.

Contact: Email me at lonewolf@ultra2k.com or Copusnr at cpousnr@aol.com. Tomorow, if you want to get ahold of me try my cell # 303-817-9004

From Cpousnr:

From <the rally point> we will proceed to Castle Rock for some time in the arroyo's. We will come back after gassing up, there are some real cheap stations So. side of Castle Rock, and then to the the trail in Rampart Range. We will make our way back over to Sedalia, head on 67 for a mile and turn south on C105 towards Palmer Lake. About 5 miles down, we turn onto Jackson Creek road, take it maybe 3 miles to the top of the hill and go down to the trail. If you continue straight you go the easy way to Rampart Range road.

-------------------
Future Events:
Also saw a few of you were thinking of Mosquito Pass sometime. We are going to be doing that run later this month (july), or next month (august). This will possibly be an official Rough Ranger OffRoad Club event.

:bounce: :bounce: And as our charter says, most anything Ranger based, including Explorers, are welcome to be part of the club. Perhaps we could make it a cooperative adventure - the RRORC and Serious Explorations! (is that what your group is called?):bounce: :bounce:

Lonewolf, sorry I won't be able to attend the run. however, if your going to be at bandimere, look for this one, its tough to miss... might have some really tall blond guy standing near it, LOL. Just look for the vehicle with 15 PIAA's... and if theres more then one vehicle there with 15 PIAA's, I'll be quite suprised! :)
Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by DarkMan
Perry, how did you like the run? Challenging or Sunday drive?

Just curious.

BTW, Ranger folks, we appreciate the invite!!

Which run are you talking about??? If you are talking about Wheeler Lake, it is a good run. We never made it to the top, but the part we did has some good obsticles as you can see the one picture Chris has of me on the Leadville thread.

We also did another one that was easy for the modifies, but it was a really nice run. It went up for three miles and opened up into a meadow. The other one we got stopped by snow. That one was more of a Sunday drive with rocks in the way, but it was above tree line which is always fun.

Back