Auto Start-Stop Technology | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Start-Stop Technology

Dale you’re wasting your time arguing with somebody who doesn’t even own a 6th Gen Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dale you’re wasting your time arguing with somebody who doesn’t even own a 6th Gen Explorer.
Because it would have to be a 6th gen Explorer, for me to not want this feature active? Hint: I only list vehicles in my sig that are relevant to this forum.

Have you considered trying to get back on-topic? I know I mentioned it at least 2 or 3 times but you need a few more reminders?

Please remember that owning a particular vehicle is not a prerequisite to posting comments here or anywhere on the forum. The topic is on a certain feature and anyone is welcome to post their opinion on the subject. This back and forth bickering and rehashing the same points adds no value to the thread. It is clear that some members like this technology while others do not. Whether you agree or not with a member's post, let's all try and respect their views and move on. Thank you.

Peter

Please remember that owning a particular vehicle is not a prerequisite to posting comments here or anywhere on the forum. The topic is on a certain feature and anyone is welcome to post their opinion on the subject. This back and forth bickering and rehashing the same points adds no value to the thread. It is clear that some members like this technology while others do not. Whether you agree or not with a member's post, let's all try and respect their views and move on. Thank you.

Peter
No problem I understand, and I’m sure that you will notify J_C as to the same, We can just move on

No problem I understand, and I’m sure that you will notify J_C as to the same,We can just move on
No conditions. Y'all just move on

Hey guys just wanted to circle back. The ST has arrived and we are picking it up tomorrow. Ordered 4/4 pick up 6/20. So it was 11 weeks begining to end. For ref this was an ST with the 400a package and the rear a/c control delete. The only screw up was it was suppose to have auto start/stop deleted and it ended up coming with it. The dealer claims it will disable it for me, but I think they are full of it. If they don't I will search the forum to find another solution. Thanks again for the insight guys.

Hey guys just wanted to circle back. The ST has arrived and we are picking it up tomorrow. Ordered 4/4 pick up 6/20. So it was 11 weeks begining to end. For ref this was an ST with the 400a package and the rear a/c control delete. The only screw up was it was suppose to have auto start/stop deleted and it ended up coming with it. The dealer claims it will disable it for me, but I think they are full of it. If they don't I will search the forum to find another solution. Thanks again for the insight guys.
I would be very interested in seeing if the dealer will/can do it. Otherwise; Auto Start-Stop Technology I don't know if FORScan can be used to modify the feature.

Peter

Well as I figured got the call today that the dealer won't disable the auto start/stop. They claim they can't by law. The sales guys says you can disable it on F150s easily but not on Explorers. So looks like I will search the forums for a solution.

Well as I figured got the call today that the dealer won't disable the auto start/stop. They claim they can't by law. The sales guys says you can disable it on F150s easily but not on Explorers. So looks like I will search the forums for a solution.
Not surprised to hear that from the dealer. They are very reluctant to change anything on a vehicle for good reason. I already posted one solution in the post above yours. I'm not aware of any others unless FORScan can do it. This should save you some time searching the forum.

Peter

If your new ST is AWD then just get an Autostop Eliminator - Disable The Auto Start Stop Feature

They revert the ASS to remembering the last position it was in and will remain that way until you change it. Then you will not have to remember to turn it off every time you start the car. Forscan is tricky to use an they don't have a permanent fix for ASS on the explorers yet. I've had one on my ST for over a year now, and my wife has had one on her ST for almost 2 years now and they still work flawlessly. Install is easy, takes about 10 minutes and all you need is a ratchet and a 7mm socket.

Here is an install video on the 2020+ explorers direct from autostop eliminator

Back