Auto Transfer case to Manual Transfer case | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Transfer case to Manual Transfer case

Okay, I get your concern.
As I see it, which engine shouldn't matter a bit. The Tcase bolts to the trans, so what you need to be positive on, is if the 1354 will bolt up to your trans.
What transmission model do you have?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, I get your concern.
As I see it, which engine shouldn't matter a bit. The Tcase bolts to the trans, so what you need to be positive on, is if the 1354 will bolt up to your trans.
What transmission model do you have?

I see...

engine type wont matter right as long it's V6 and its all depends what auto transmission I got....

I'll find out later and let you know my friend, thank you heaps for the reply :salute: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The 1354 from the Explorer or Ranger are a direct bolt in for your truck. You just need to make sure that you get the drive shafts with it because the output yokes are different than yours. The 1354 wasn't available on the V8 so you should be good.

The 1354 from the Explorer or Ranger are a direct bolt in for your truck. You just need to make sure that you get the drive shafts with it because the output yokes are different than yours. The 1354 wasn't available on the V8 so you should be good.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks heaps for that... the drive shaft I need is for the front diff right? (from transfer case to front diff)

:salute:

I couldn't find the tag to check what type of auto transmission I got, do you guys know where I can find this..? where about's?

I can only find this tag from my auto transfer case....
20150603_180941_zps1pv2lzvb.jpg

Check this link: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/AutoTrans.shtml
There's a chart at the top, then scroll down for info and pics of each trans.

I would figure you have the 5r55e since you have a 97, but I suggest you make a "what transmission do I have" thread in the 2nd gen stock forum just to be sure , since the link is from a Ranger forum.

If I am not mistaken, the mounting holes are different on the 2 shifters.

If I am not mistaken, the mounting holes are different on the 2 shifters.

oh okay... because I saw on online someone is selling this linkage off BW1350 and while I am trying to find a BW1354 complete but no lock with the linkages

There is a post somewhere that details converting the 1350 linkage to work with the 1354. I'll see if I can find it.

Yessir, should be the same for your truck. It's a pretty easy mod to do, I love them. Been running them for a couple of years now with zero issues.

Yessir, should be the same for your truck. It's a pretty easy mod to do, I love them. Been running them for a couple of years now with zero issues.

THANK YOU! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

is there any chance I can PM you and let me know what I need and what to do please...

I am just gonna look in Ebay stores for the parts so it can be deliver to Syd...

thanks again!:salute:

Back