• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Aviator vs. Explorer: Differences

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
its to hot of a car - HOWEVER, if you are a Vet through Veterans Advantage.com you can get $500 above sticker on a Ford or Lincoln!!! Thats how I got mine

Why would you pay $500 over sticker for being a Vet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

steweod

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'19 F150
I do not know if it has been covered yet but the suspension between the Aviator and Explorer are pretty different not even counting the air ride. The explorer has MacPherson front suspension with a multi-link rear end. The aviator has a SLA front end and integral link rear end. I find it odd that the aviator has a suspension set up that lends it self more to performance setup than the ST.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
I do not know if it has been covered yet but the suspension between the Aviator and Explorer are pretty different not even counting the air ride. The explorer has MacPherson front suspension with a multi-link rear end. The aviator has a SLA front end and integral link rear end. I find it odd that the aviator has a suspension set up that lends it self more to performance setup than the ST.
I can definitely feel an improved ride in the Aviator over the 2017 Platinum I had.

Peter

ParkM

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve 1
For those thinking about an Aviator (or, waiting for MINE to be delivered) Dan Neil pens a very good review of the Aviator in the Wall Street Journal's Nov. 23/24 issue, page D15. Not positive whether this link is visible to non-subscribers but I thought I'd try. I learned some features about the Aviator vs. the Explorer that I did not know.

/park

2020 Lincoln Aviator: An SUV with the Comforts of a Private Jet