360 back up camera recall 2020-2023 models - FSA 23S02 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

360 back up camera recall 2020-2023 models - FSA 23S02

Hopefully this is a definitive fix. That last one was a waste of everyone's time.

I don't believe that the Sync version has anything to do with the camera issue. The only way to correct that is with a new camera and its associated software. There have also been posts recently that the Ford download of 23188 is not working. There is an issue with it that Ford is currently trying to resolve.

Peter
Peter, totally get it, but it worked for me so far. In my case, I did get the blue screen after going into reverse, but it would also happen when I never went into reverse. It would also go completely black. Even when I got the blue screen issue, the reverse camera would still work when in reverse. That indicated to me that it was software and not the camera.

I called Ford trying to work through the issues , and they were zero help on either the Zip or the update. I just finally tried the right combination for both.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Peter, totally get it, but it worked for me so far. In my case, I did get the blue screen after going into reverse, but it would also happen when I never went into reverse. It would also go completely black. Even when I got the blue screen issue, the reverse camera would still work when in reverse. That indicated to me that it was software and not the camera.

I called Ford trying to work through the issues , and they were zero help on either the Zip or the update. I just finally tried the right combination for both.
If the screen going blank is not related to going into reverse, then it could be that the APIM is starting to fail.

Peter

If the screen going blank is not related to going into reverse, then it could be that the APIM is starting to fail.

Peter
I think the most likely cause was the bad software {22251) I have seen reports of a number of APIM's being replaced because of the software when there was nothing wrong with them.

I think the most likely cause was the bad software {22251) I have seen reports of a number of APIM's being replaced because of the software when there was nothing wrong with them.
Well, APIM or software, I've had 10 consecutive starts with no issues. I was getting some kind of issue, either blank screen, blue screen, or half a map about 75% of the time. I'll put my money on the software.

I got my recall taken care of on 1-5 Friday. The dealer called at 9 AM and offered to come over and do it at home. They pulled up in a big new black panel van with Mobile Service and their name on the side. It took about 20 minutes, I signed the order, and he left. I haven't had the problem since.

Back