Badlands 08 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Badlands 08

I'm still planning on it. I haven't gotten a job yet, but have been interviewing like crazy. I'm hoping where ever I get a job (it will be Midwest somewhere) will give me a month to move and stuff before I start...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well guys, good luck with your job search. I'm out completely - I never signed-up for this run just because I knew well in advance that I will make a huge move... in search of a good job.

I have been here three weeks now, made a few trips out of the city "exploring" and it's just great!

Too bad I can't go to Attica with you... I like that place!

:confused:

Good luck! and take pictures!!! lots and lots of pictures!

Alright, a little late to be jumping in here, but I might be able to make it. Chance are I wouldn't have my explorer, I'm not sure I want to drive it that far, so I would be a ride-along.

I'll talk to one of my friends who might go too. I could ride with him, and he might wheel is ranger some, too. He also might bring a dirtbike or two.

I'll have to see about finances and work, it will be difficult. If you guys don't mind though, I'd love to be there. It would be a first explorerforum run for me :thumbsup:

I'll have to see about finances and work, it will be difficult. If you guys don't mind though, I'd love to be there. It would be a first explorerforum run for me :thumbsup:

Of course :thumbsup: Ride alongs are always fun too.

Alright, cool. I'll talk to my friend, although he should be up for it. He could probably tackle some green trails, its an '04 Ranger FX4 Level II with Firestone Destination MT's on it. I might even have a place to stay up there. My sister-in-law's parents live right up next to Badlands.

Alright, cool. I'll talk to my friend, although he should be up for it. He could probably tackle some green trails, its an '04 Ranger FX4 Level II with Firestone Destination MT's on it. I might even have a place to stay up there. My sister-in-law's parents live right up next to Badlands.

Sounds like you're pretty much set then.

I'm trying to convince my friend with his 98 Ram to come, he'll have 37s on it by then.

Aric, if you're going to be in i don't know what way you take to get there but according to Mapquest, Googlemaps and some other site it says is only a 2 hour 35 minute drive. So we'll be leaving about 3 hours before the park opens.

I hope to see you guys that cant go and some of you guys that do go at Tellico in October.

Is anyone on this run going to try to get to MOAB the weekend before?

I hope to see you guys that cant go and some of you guys that do go at Tellico in October.

You'll see me somewhere, like i said we should do Hannibal rocks/Rockport offroad park in fall. Or when i go down to TNto visit my Grandparents

Where do your grandparnts live?

I can't remember but its like 2 hours eastish of Nashville somewhere around Birdstown.

They live in some dinky little town.

as of now, I'll just be making RRORC's Chubfest. Happens to be on my days off and I highly doubt i'll have any school crap that weekend. I also have a weekend in September I may wheel if i don't go on vacation somewhere else. Might look to go somewhere different that weekend if i do wheel

as of now, I'll just be making RRORC's Chubfest. Happens to be on my days off and I highly doubt i'll have any school crap that weekend. I also have a weekend in September I may wheel if i don't go on vacation somewhere else. Might look to go somewhere different that weekend if i do wheel

When is Chubfest? I've tried registering over there like 4 times and never get an email.

Hey guys, if youve got a open invite going here, you can put me on the list to hit the Badlands. Im in the process of lifting my 01Sport but it should be done in the next month. JMan689, I noticed that you and Aric live in the West/northwest burbs. Are you guys driven down as a pack? I live in Matteson, basically at I-80 and I-57. Could I jump in-line with you guys?

sounds good to me. probably meet you somewhere around where we would all get onto 47. and then travel through 3 hours of corn fields together.

Hey guys, if youve got a open invite going here, you can put me on the list to hit the Badlands. Im in the process of lifting my 01Sport but it should be done in the next month. JMan689, I noticed that you and Aric live in the West/northwest burbs. Are you guys driven down as a pack? I live in Matteson, basically at I-80 and I-57. Could I jump in-line with you guys?

sounds good to me. probably meet you somewhere around where we would all get onto 47. and then travel through 3 hours of corn fields together.

Mapquest/googlemaps said its only a 2 hour 35 min drive. So i don't know which way you take Aric.

It really depends when you guys are leaving, me and Bigman are heading out VERY early Saturday morning.

Aric - so will the X still be "stockish" or will you have the SAS done?

Where is 47? Are you talking about Rt 41? I know 41 goes all the way to Attica. I used to race at Rt 41 Dragstrip which we would drive by.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JMan689:

i remember it taking a while. i left early, met up with a few guys right off of 394 and then they took me through some backroads to rte. 41 and we took that to the park. i remember we were doing the speed limit (jeeps are less aerodynamic than explorers, and a few guys had trailers) and it took quiet some time. i guess 3 hours is an exageration though.

as far as the SAS.... still cant tell you. kind of waiting for school to end, and save up a little more cash. trust me, i'm very frustrated looking at these things(dana 60's) every time i go through the garage. i want them under the truck... so as soon as i can make it happen, i'm going to. i am running out of time though. June isn't very far away.

01slvrsprt:

i meant 41. sorry about the confusion. i remembered it was route forty-sumthing and its just on the other side of the border and goes right to attica, and its an extremely uneventful ride... especially in january when everything is dead. hopefully summer will be better since things will have more colors than just grey.

Back