• Register Today It's free!

Battery Issues - Fuse Question

ANHEDONIC

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT Sport
Let me preface this post by saying that I know next to nothing about car audio. I'm just taking a stab in the dark with this post as I'm trying to troubleshoot intermittent battery issues. Here is what I'm dealing with:

2004 Ford Explorer
Kinetic HC1800 battery
Pioneer HU w/ Boston Acoustics SL Speaker Package & Subwoofer
Ipod connection cable + Ipod
150A Fuse

This system was professionally installed 4-5 years ago by a trusted audio tech.

This past fall/winter my Kinetic battery (which held up for at least 2 years) kept dying on me and would not hold a charge for more than a day or two. I replaced the battery earlier this year and that seemed to solve the issue until just this past week when my new (4 months old) battery was dead after the Explorer sat idle for just 3 days. I have no idea why the battery drained during this time. Nothing is being left on in the vehicle.

Basically I wanted to inquire about this 150A fuse that's being utilized. If the fuse needed replacing is there anyway that could be contributing to my battery issues? Like I said I have very little knowledge about audio/electronics/power issues so I'm just asking blindly here. If the fuse failed would I still have power running to my audio system?

Thanks for your help and sorry if this seems like a stupid question to inquire about as it very well might be. : )

If the fuse is blown the power stops at the fuse. A blown fuse won't cause the battery to go dead.

The fuse isn't the problem.
The problem is probably a small draw on the battery.
It may very well be that the Amp Remote Turn ON Wire has become loose and the amp is always on. Or there could be something else draining the battery.

Here's how to find it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1gijj03_0

Back