Baxter State Park Meet | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Baxter State Park Meet

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well you guys can do whatever you want as it seems there will be no woman on this trip unless John brings his family. Both Sandy & I have kinda agreed to a point that it's too much for us to go all the way to Baxter.

Grrlwronged said:
Noone has even considered anything but Baxter for the 1st trip. Ever since it was brought up it's been the pigeon hole idea. I don't mind hitting the trails but that's not all I wanna do when I'm out.
Absolutely not true.. everyone has read your posts and followed along.. Just because no one has sided with your alternate suggestions doesn't mean your ideas weren't considered.

Well you guys can do whatever you want as it seems there will be no woman on this trip unless John brings his family. Both Sandy & I have kinda agreed to a point that it's too much for us to go all the way to Baxter.

Jen, it isn't that we are doing what we want... we are doing what everyone wants... To camp, wheel, and hike in Baxter State Park... I realize not everyone wants to make the long drive, or put up with rustic conditions, but thats okay as not all trips are for everybody.. I believe once you get your feet wet by going to some closer events you will see and appreciate what its all about.. Its about people, trails, and enjoying the environment.

Agreed

Jen, its understandalbe if you dont wanna be far from your family. But does that mean you wont attend the Jamboree in Esseex VT, and the cape cod trip either? Those are kinda far away also. Those are our 2 biggest trips. I hope we see you there.

Absolutely not true.. everyone has read your posts and followed along.. Just because no one has sided with your alternate suggestions doesn't mean your ideas weren't considered.

Jen, it isn't that we are doing what we want... we are doing what everyone wants... To camp, wheel, and hike in Baxter State Park... I realize not everyone wants to make the long drive, or put up with rustic conditions, but thats okay as not all trips are for everybody.. I believe once you get your feet wet by going to some closer events you will see and appreciate what its all about.. Its about people, trails, and enjoying the environment.

Well no offense but it did come off as Baxter was decided before all was on board, no exceptions.

That was taken out of context. I meant it as you guys can use tents instead of a cabin. I felt as I was the only one suggesting the cabin. I'm not a big camper, can't enjoy many outdoor activities due to recently being diagnosed w/asthma & I'm not keen being stuck way the hell out in the boonies. I do enjoy having fun & meeting new people. That was the whole point of me joining this club. Having something adult & not kid orientated.

Agreed

Jen, its understandalbe if you dont wanna be far from your family. But does that mean you wont attend the Jamboree in Esseex VT, and the cape cod trip either? Those are kinda far away also. Those are our 2 biggest trips. I hope we see you there.

I consider an almost 8hr drive far from my family, yes. A 4-5hr drive isn't that bad as I can rush home in a decent time frame if something happens to my children.

I consider an almost 8hr drive far from my family, yes. A 4-5hr drive isn't that bad as I can rush home in a decent time frame if something happens to my children.
If something were to happen to your children (God forbid) you'd be in no condition to drive home regardless if its 1 hour or 7. You'd be an absolute mess and probably cause an accident :roll: speeding to get home...

If something were to happen to your children (God forbid) you'd be in no condition to drive home regardless if its 1 hour or 7. You'd be an absolute mess and probably cause an accident :roll: speeding to get home...

When it comes to family, I'm very calm when I drive. I've had to before as my sis is a diabetic.
I'm an a*hole driver anyways so no emergency is gonna change that.:p:

Speaking of reservations. How do you guys want to do this because we should jump on it soon! One guy make the res. and we mail him a check? We make individual res. and hope there close to each other? Whatever you guys want to do, let me know. If you want me to be in charge of booking the place I am fine with that also. I will just need a head count and such.

With the amount of people going now. You me dan and Issac can share a cabin. Iam assuming john will have to get one for his family. and thats it. all settled

Speaking of reservations. How do you guys want to do this because we should jump on it soon! One guy make the res. and we mail him a check? We make individual res. and hope there close to each other? Whatever you guys want to do, let me know. If you want me to be in charge of booking the place I am fine with that also. I will just need a head count and such.

Well lets not rule sandy out just yet.
Sandy,
If the reason for you not going is because of the distance from your family then understood. If its because of the ride there and money issue... I think I can help. If you could get a ride to my place in putnam CT. the morning of, Then I have no problem driving you up there. No gas money needed. I have to drive up there anyway. The ride home I could take you to your home because time will not be an issue. We will talk more in providence if you are still going there.
See ya
JIGA

We should reserve a higher amount of sites if they'll refund us in case we cancel before a certain time....just in case more people want to come. I talked to Timbo earlier and i'm hoping he can get that weekend off and join us again (FINALLY). Plus I may still get my dad to come and whoever else...

We should reserve a higher amount of sites if they'll refund us in case we cancel before a certain time....just in case more people want to come. I talked to Timbo earlier and i'm hoping he can get that weekend off and join us again (FINALLY). Plus I may still get my dad to come and whoever else...

JIGA20001 said:
I just called baxter to find out about the drinking thing but there office was closed. The message said that they are taking reservations 4 months in advance by mail or in person. So we better get our ***** in gear here! I think we should also find out about the cancellation process (can you get your money back) If we need to book this early, then maybe we should book a couple xtra tent sites in case we get more people later on. If not we can cancel them.

Way ahead of ya there 4.go LOL

Hey just because they "dance" for a living does not make them any less of a women....... kidding sorry could'nt resist

Hey just because they "dance" for a living does not make them any less of a women....... kidding sorry could'nt resist

Ok that was wrong!
but anyway tomorrow is my last day off for a while. I will try to check this thread at night, but if you guys need me to make any reservations or anything feel free to give my celly a jingle. You have my number.
JIGA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to see you on here dave. Check out our other threads.

Hey Dave, glad to see you here too :wavey:

Well lets not rule sandy out just yet.
Sandy,
If the reason for you not going is because of the distance from your family then understood. If its because of the ride there and money issue... I think I can help. If you could get a ride to my place in putnam CT. the morning of, Then I have no problem driving you up there. No gas money needed. I have to drive up there anyway. The ride home I could take you to your home because time will not be an issue. We will talk more in providence if you are still going there.
See ya
JIGA

Jeff, being away from my family is not the problem as I had planned to bring my youngest girl who is 14, she has a school art project due after Memorial Day that involves photography (If her art teacher thinks her project is good, she will be entered into a district art contest and could win a prize. She wants to be a professional photographer) and she couldn't get more beautiful scenery pics than in Maine ( I already have some beautiful ones she took in Vermont last summer near Lake Champlain while we were on vacation) My other girl is 21 and has no interest in this stuff, plus she has a medical condition if you saw my long post above, so she won't go anyway.

Money is definitely the issue, being a single mom with no help from the fathers (both are deceased by the way), there is only me to keep a roof over their heads, which is why I live with my brother and our friend, so to share expenses. As far as my daughter and I getting a ride to your place in Putnam, I don't think I can do that but if you don't mind me leaving my Explorer at your house for the weekend, I'll drive up with you. I mapped it out using your town hall address as my destination, and it's about 70 minutes from my house which isn't that far to drive(thank God for the Internet!) We can talk more about this in Providence, I will be bringing my girl with me so that she can meet all of you and not feel so shy around y'all when we get to Maine

Back