Before I started to mod it.....and after. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Before I started to mod it.....and after.

I bought the X from my sister in Early July `04. It had no rear Glass (hence the blue tarp) for atleast a year, 2 flat tires, and last but not least, a Blown 4.0L engine. Here is what I paid $200 for:

Here is a pic I took last week. Since July I have: Shaved, lowered, and installed all new exterior lighting. Next on the list is a 98+ LED brake light, only I will mount it UNDER the rear hatch glass, instead of above it.

THEN we spent a few HOURS cleaning it...

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

{I have fixed the picture/links on the 1st post in this thread}LOL...

Okay...well I DID take the pics...but it's only taken me 1 and ahalf years to POST them...LOL

Here we go...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More...

And some more 'complete' photo's...

hey man great job i have a 94 and was wondering what you did to lower it did u flip the leafs and get lower control arms and lowerd springs or what and what did it cost also do you have torsion baes because i dont

Dropping a 1st Gen THIS LOW, IS NOT CHEAP!....

Front:
3" Drop I-beams were $600
2" Drop Front Springs were $175

In the rear:
3" Drop Leafs were $300
2" Drop Blocks were $25

All these parts will just bolt-on from there....with one hang-up.

The Rear needs to be C-notched. I started with a 6" Ranger C-notch, and I ended up doing a 4" C-notch. Which is, by the way the MOST you can cut without cutting into the body, or pulling the body off the frame.

I had to roll the rear Fender lip to accomodate the 285/50-18's. If you have never seen a 285 tire....they are FREAKIN' WIDE....and look so bad@$$ tucked under an Explorer.

Ryan

Here are some of the most recent pictures I have...these are all hosted by ImageShack, so just click on the photo, and a full-size photo will appear in a seperate window.

Ryan

Here are some more RECENT pics... I got rid of the previously shown brake set-up for this:

Here is more shots...I like this angle....I just need to re-take this pic with more daylight, less flash...

Close-up of the wheels/brakes:

Here is the LATEST round of pictures:
(thumbnails, click to enlarge in new window)

Ryan

Looks like 'a lit'l elbow grease' really made it look better......looks real good mate :)

that looks amazing usually i'm not a fan of lowered x's but that's sweet. And even more so that you paid 200 bucks for it.

Back