• Register Today It's free!

best sub to fit in stealthbox???

fgallo

Reaction score
City, State
shenandoah,pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
what is the best sub that will fit in jl audio stealthbox 10" diamater. depth is 5 &3/4 inches i think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the best JL sub for a JL stealthbox is the JL10W6. the W3 is a good sub too (i like it better) but it wont fit in the stealthbox without serious modification.

the 10w6 doesn't even fit without minor modification. It needs a 1/4"-1/2" spacer between the box and sub. Mine sounds great. . .although I have yet to install it in my truck. =)

I had a Rockford Fosgate 10, I though it sounded good. Untill I put in a JL 10W1 10". WOW! What a difference. Sounds really good now, & it fit the box perfect. Also fits my 200W RMS amp.

Another good sub is the infinity perfect. It can handle alot of power and has a 94 db sensitivity rating so it will be louder than most 10" subs and sound really good. My Mtx stealthbox is on the way, But I wont be able to tell you how it sounds till I get that sub. Anyone know where I can find it for less than $300.

i have a jl stealthbox with a 10w3, had to cut a hole in the back of the box and re-mold it, i had the local car shop do it, i have no complaints, and after coming from 2 '12 eclipses i'm really happy

There's no way that Perfect will fit in the Stealthbox though. It's way too deep.

peace

Mike

I have a 10in Infinity Kappa sub in my Q-logic stealth box. I think it sounds very good. I just need to get rid of all that rattling in the cargo area. It is just horrible!

--mark

Originally posted by o6tnineo
i have a jl stealthbox with a 10w3, had to cut a hole in the back of the box and re-mold it, i had the local car shop do it, i have no complaints, and after coming from 2 '12 eclipses i'm really happy

Could you provide some more info. I would be interesting in doing this to my Stealthbox.

Maybe this will help.
The w3 is for SPL.
The w6 (which fit in my stealthbox wothout any modification) is for SQ, and can handle 300 watts. I've got a JL 500/1 amp on my 10w6 and have had no complaints.
Hope that helps.

Karl

sure, i called up the local car audio shop and asked them if they could throw a w3 in a stealthbox, they said yes but it would cost 25 bux more, so i said sure, what the hey, do it. i looked at the box after they remolded it (before installation took place) and it looked like a big round stump was growing out of the back of it.

i would just ask your local shop, they know more about fiberglass or whatever it is. I'm more of a computer person :)

Back