BFG All Terrain KO's | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BFG All Terrain KO's

I am 90% sure that I am going to get BFG All Terrain KO's. Can anyone give me some comments on their performance on and off road? Thanks, also looked into getting some Goodyear Wranglers. Which are the better tire? On road 95%, off road 5%.

Thanks,
Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Todd,

Could you squeeze 31's on there before you make such a large purchase? You'll have much better traction, and the price won't be too much greater...

How do you know if 31's will fit w/o putting them on first. Would the guys at the tire shop get mad (re: no refunds/ exchanges) if you ask for something that is too big and then want to exchange them?

Will 31x10.5's fit on a 15x7 rim without cupping (correct term?)? The Last set of 31x10.5's I had long ago, on a different truck, had that problem. Kind of defeats the purpose if the outside edges don't even touch the ground.

I am also trying to decide between 30's or the 31's and which will fit w/o any problems.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know that a simple torsion twist in the front would cure this dilemma. It is free, and just a mild amount of lift would be gained at little or no cost. I'd ask the Explorer guys for some info on how to perform this torsion twist and go from there. A 31" tire will give better ride height and traction than a 30" tire will...

Torsion twist is outta the question at this point. As of now, i have rear sag(mono leaf) i can't afford the 4-door leaf pack and shackles. I really don't want to do any trimming(the plastic was put there for a reason:rolleyes: ) So i do beleive that only 30s will fit w/no lift at this point. Next set i'll be getting 31s:D u can count on that!

And how will a 31 give better traction than a 30 besides it being wider!?

It'll be a little larger in diameter and also a bit heavier to counteract wheelspin. It can be aired down a little more as well to help with flotation which helps bigtime in traction as well...

:) never thought of that! As of right now, I'm just gonna go w/the 30s and upgrade later. I'm not into the offroading stuff just yet. But i will be:D

Back