Big Bear area? 12-7-07 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big Bear area? 12-7-07

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Please post an update so we know you guys made it back OK. Not much snow here today, but it had to be a bit icy up there. Hope you had fun.

...i just got to a room...boomer and his family is safe....cybergasm called boomer and said he would be up...i have no cell service and boomer heard one call saying cyber was up here...he tried repeatedly to reach cyber and his voicemail would not even come on...all it said was he was out of area...:scratch:

....i am hoping cyber will post up...

...a couple teasers...;)

deco7wboomer122fx6.jpg

deco7wboomer123md2.jpg

deco7wboomer058eh4.jpg

deco7wboomer002qk5.jpg

deco7wboomer073vs0.jpg

Just made it home, and once again I had a blast...:D

The only two downers for the day - not being able to reach Cyber, and my over heated trans...:thumbdwn:

Gotta go thru and resize some pictures...

...:p:

Attachments

• DSC00680.JPG
    DSC00680.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 614
  • DSC00820.JPG
    DSC00820.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 619
  • DSC00971.JPG
    DSC00971.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 609
  • DSC00829.JPG
    DSC00829.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 610

Yup i am here just got home from Big Bear.

I arrived at the Discovery center about 12:30 try calling Tbars left voicemail
tried calling Boomer no answer left voicemail tried calling on CB nada nothing happening.....:(

So I went into the discovery center and found maps of the trails in the area
so i went on my own little adventure;) looking at the maps i picked 3N16 and hoping i would get lucky and might bump into you guys

but i ran it all the from the transfer station untill i ran outta trail:eek: was coming back the way i came because of the trail closure i tried to take 3N09 back to highway 38 but then i got stopped by some jeepers who told me there was a accident down that trail so i have to turn around and go back to 3N16 and traverse my way back to the transfer station and back to town.

so after that i rolled onto hwy 18 into Big bear Lake grabbed a bite to eat checked out local scene since i have not been there in many years.

then it started to get dark and started snowing alittle in town so i grabbed some fuel and headed back home just taking my sweet time in doing so.....

here a quick pic of my X while it was still "clean":D
i'll get the rest uploaded and posted tonight.

Attachments

• DCFC0124.jpg
    DCFC0124.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 608

...i am definately glad that you are home and safe...;)

Glad to hear everything turned out alright...

I got your message at about 12:40, and tried calling you a couple dozen times through out the rest of the day. Surpised I never heard you on the radio, we where never more than 2 miles away from 3N16...

Real sorry that we weren't able to meet up...

I kept calling on the CB they only thing i heard was a couple jeepers on 3N16 talking and talking smack about me when they saw me at the trail head:(
oh well.....

yea it sucks about my phone just after I made those calls I guess my phone was shut off by the phone co. And I did'nt know it untill I was at the burger joint trying to call my voice mail to see if you guys called or not....:mad:

here are my photos.....:D

here's a poser shot
DCFC0128.jpg

Frozen mud anyone?
DCFC0134.jpg

Talk about the devastation:eek:
DCFC0125.jpg

The rest of the photos are here:
Big Bear photo's

I kept calling on the CB they only thing i heard was a couple jeepers on 3N16 talking and talking smack about me when they saw me at the trail head:(

I heard those guys almost all freaking day, they just wouldn't shut up...

...probably why I never heard you...:(

LOL i know the feeling i got tired of it too

after a while and hearing no reponse from you guys i just turn my radio down

...boomer, i never did find the pics you took on john bull...:scratch:

...before i do anything else i must say this was just what the doctor ordered and i had a total blast...snow on the ground, ponds in the roads the size you could stock fish in with water up to the doors, and rocks everywhere and i don't think there were to many we missed playing on ;)...and i know i haven't mentioned it in forever since i got my project X, but i love my little ranger...:D...it dawned on me yesterday that it hasn't been off road since may and i had not been able to see what it could do with the new lift and mods i had done to it...i didn't air down nor did i unhook and it went everywhere i aimed it...;)

....i kept saying we were going to get a good snow last night and this is what i woke up to this morning...harley tucker, my little depth guage was in over her head trying to make it thru in my tracks...it was a good 6-8" of snow...;)

deco7wboomer583fa5.jpg

Dang now let's go play in the snow!:eek::D I guess i got out at the right time last night:thumbsup:

...lol, i have to pick up some stuff at the other end of the lake and then drive home thru this mess...the roads are icy as heck so going down the hill aught to be an e-ticket ride...:D

the roads are icy as heck so going down the hill aught to be an e-ticket ride...:D

Heck it was E-ticket ride for me last night on dry roads :eek:.....brakes overheated on the way down:(.....no fun

i really need to swap disc's onto the rear end:thumbsup:

Looks like I picked the wrong day to come back to work...:(

Tbars, drive safe going down there's snow all the way down to the desert, not to mention the couple dozen cars that were stuck...:eek:

... and I'll try to look for those pictures...

Out the front of the fire station...

Attachments

• DSC00684.JPG
    DSC00684.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 577

...i here that...last night my drums kept freezing up....

...i thought i would post some pics of boomer and his truck while he's at work...:p:

deco7wboomer367rf1.jpg

...we were on this climb when his tranny over heated...
deco7wboomer184pa2.jpg

deco7wboomer185ay6.jpg

deco7wboomer055hc6.jpg

after he got it down the hill, him and family...great guys to go wheeling with...:thumbsup:
deco7wboomer007ib1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back