Big Bear area? 12-7-07 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big Bear area? 12-7-07

...and some scenery shots...my truck is in there somewhere...

deco7wboomer098og9.jpg

deco7wboomer053uj0.jpg

deco7wboomer020vh8.jpg

deco7wboomer017cj2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...boomer, i'm sorry about those pics...the devil made me do it...:p:

...it hasn't stopped snowing over here at all so i need to start getting ready and head down the hill...fingers crossed as i got a date when i get home...for all the snow this weekend it is still relatively quiet as it seems all the tourist stayed home...:D

...i am watching the tv news and they are talking about snow and thats it...i will post up when i make it down the hill...;)

...lol, oh great...they can't drive at home and i get to play dodge with them down the hill...:D

I should've stopped by on my way north with the Super Duty for some of the easier trails. Instead I got stuck in RockRanger's back yard.

Looks like you had a lot of fun :thumbsup:. Sorry I missed it.

Highways should get better in the next couple weekends if they can manage to get/keep the 18 and 30 open. The first few storms are always a pain, but worse this year with so much county equipment dedicated to the burn areas.

Stay safe and warm getting home.

man that looks like it was fun. i wish i could've made it. it's exspensive for gas though. love the mountains. next big bear run, im gonna try to make :thumbsup: i probably would have tried to go on this run, but i was pullin gthe heads off my t bird all day (pita).

sorry abou your tranny boomer, but did you ever get the engine overheating problem fixed? (from truckhaven)

Trans seems fine, just gonna change the fluid and call it good...:scratch:

The engine has been fine, and hasn't even pretended to get hot since t-haven...:dunno:

Thx...

Edit - BTW it's still snowing...:D

...just checking in...plenty of pics on the way home but these will have to do till then...;)

...275 mi exactly round trip...gas 3.15 here, 3.45 up there....took about an hour and a half to get to the freeway from big bear airport...got to devore and caught a 50-70 mile crosswind coming off the mountain...:eek:

deco7wboomer008xs0.jpg

deco7wboomer101ql9.jpg

deco7wboomer024zo5.jpg

deco7wboomer040bo7.jpg

deco7wboomer043oy5.jpg

deco7wboomer021rb7.jpg

...all the fun up there and i had an E-ticket ride down the hill...no problems from me but the city folk were spotted all over the road...;)
...these are in order some of the pics of the drive home...
deco7wboomer059pb3.jpg

deco7wboomer065mf9.jpg

deco7wboomer067nc5.jpg

deco7wboomer069vp0.jpg

deco7wboomer078pb7.jpg

...and yes, we also had black ice...:)

deco7wboomer073zr1.jpg

deco7wboomer075hw3.jpg

deco7wboomer074ho5.jpg

deco7wboomer080ki4.jpg

it's exspensive for gas though. love the mountains. next big bear run, im gonna try to make

Pfft tell me about it!:rolleyes: i think i spent 80.00 in gas on my little adventure yesterday now i trying to figure out how i am gonna cover it with the bank tommorrow.

...boomer, i'm sorry about those pics...the devil made me do it...:p:

Check is in the mail Ted;):p::thumbsup:

...rofl, thats ok...his dad and brother took care of the payment...;)

..boomer, again thanks to you and yours for a wonderful playday and letting me flex my ranger out...:thumbsup:
...and i don't think i would have adventured up all those dead end, one way trails, with anyone else..:p:....again, many thanks...:D

...and i don't think i would have adventured up all those dead end, one way trails, with anyone else..:p:....again, many thanks...:D

Speaking of which i need to go to the book store and buy a trail guide. Those maps they have at the Discovery Center are kinda sucky:thumbdwn:

...lol, these weren't marked, other than being openings in the trees...i think we covered more trails in one day with the ice, mud, and snow, than i ever did in the summertime up there...i also think if it started with a 3n, we were on it...:thumbsup:
...most of them were taken trying to contact you...;)

deco7wboomer138lz3.jpg

deco7wboomer140ya7.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...i just got back from dinner and my battery light is on...it just showed up and it doesn't look like it's charging...looks like i got a project for the morning...that, and a good pressure wash...:D

Back