Big Bear Aug 3+4 (New Thread) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Big Bear Aug 3+4 (New Thread)

Looks like fun wish i could have made it. Hey bill how did the bumper do did you get any chances to test it out yet? Also where did you get teh paint I have been looking for some camo colors and havent been able to find it.

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any good places to set up my camper and trailer out there?

Ken, sorry, no pic. I believe that pic is on your camera!

Matt, I got the paint thru Surplus City. Locally, G.I.Joes in San Marcos carries it.
The bumper took some good hits, even with all the clearance, and is none the worse. :D

Rick, it's a huge area. You'd have no prob.:) When ya wanna go? :D

I'm getting the itch Bill. I need to get my truck out of the shop and do a shake down run out here, then I'm ready. I'm going down to check on it today so I'll know more then.

Just got back from visiting the Pumpkin:D The door frame will obviously have supports running through it and it will be skinned with sheet metal removable with Dzus fasteners. They are also going to build a "skid plate" to protect the door hinges on the B-pillar.

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 216

Cool, Rick! Are you getting rear 'doors' too? And when will you get it back?

DesSpive, I emailed you some slider pics.

I guess that's what I get for laughing!

I was driving behind Bill's rig when I saw the passenger-rear drop onto a rock, and then I heard, "BHAM!" Of course, I laughed to myself the shock that impact sent through Bill's spine... Then, as I got close to the water-crossing, my back-end dropped on some rock, and then I heard, "BHAM!" Then, I heard some major scraping as my rear diff and shock mounts got high-centered on a good-sized boulder. I guess that's what I get for laughing!!!:D

Yep it will have 4 tube doors. I hope it's done this weekend, but I can't say for sure. I would say definately the following week though.

Originally posted by RangerX

DesSpive, I emailed you some slider pics.

Thanks Bill, I e-mailed you back with a couple questions.

--Sean

Well if Ken and Bill bottomed out I might as well forget it!!

No really if I get the TT and Shakle lift would I be able to keep up wiyh you guys?

Oh and I have to resize the pic's for the web, and just haven't had time to go through them all. Rach took a bunch of landscape shots so....

Another Big Bear Run?

What does everyone think about possibly having another run for Labor Day weekend? I think that date is far enough away that Rick could get his new doors completed, and everyone could complete those last minute repairs or mods...

Any thoughts on this?

I'm in there Ken, and plan to have the tt Shackle lift done by then. As I said I have to wonder though after reading that you and bill bottomed out on Sunday.One thopught thouh If you touched the bottom with your Ranger, my rig even with a 2" TT will hang
Hope to seeya then

Ranger X, looks like that was fun, I would love to make the next one.

Rick,
Let me know when you want to go on your shake down run. I would be in for that!

Will do Jeremy, I'm getting the itch and the weather has been great! Let's hope this cold spell keeps up:D It's only 91 today!!

How about September 14th/15th?

How about we all avoid Labor Day weekend due to the crowds and lines at the gas pump, etc. and go for the 14th/15th of September? By then, it might be a little cooler, and everyone will have gone back to school/work...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree with not going on Labor Day. I can plan for Sep 14-15 that sounds very doable right now:D

Back