• Register Today It's free!

Black Leather Seats???

98 V8

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Ranger
Do any EB or Limited Explorers come with Black Leather Seats??

I would be lookin for the top of the line Seats..
The Smooth Leather not the seats with Holes.

Both Seats with Full Power n Heat..
Putting them into a Ranger..

Thanx,
Rob

Lil Ranger

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've never seen black. My '99 EB seats are dark gray which is as close as I've seen to black.

I would pay like 500$ for a black leather set, I would literally do just about anything to get a pair lol....

Celly...are there any other vehicles that have black that would be swappable?
(Navigator, aviator...etc)

About as close as you can get to black is the dark charcoal.

I would think black leather would be like a branding iron in the summer.

Here is a link to a company that helped me choose the right product to DYE my seats in black. THIS IS NOT PAINT but a leather dye that will not rub off. I was very happy with the results. It cost about 125 to do the two front seats.
PS
Get 2-3 extra cans of the propellant.

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/

SB.jpg

SD.jpg

L1.jpg

C1.jpg

Wow- that looks really good! Does it look as good close up?

Actually, the photo does not do it justice, It looks and feels like OEM. I knew from experience it could be done. When I was a teenager I worked in a leather factory and I am familiar with the process. You can change the color of just about any leather but you need to know how. That web site has a great sales staff that will respond quickly to any questions or concerns.

Also, if anyone plans on doing this I would suggest buying a small sponge paintbrush and doing all the corners and tight fitting areas first before spraying down the entire chair… two coats will be plenty.

Omg I wanna do that to my 95 and I think I just might.....it seriously makes the seat look like night and day from that pic, almost like a TOTALLY different seat thats amazing!

Ill deff be keeping this bookmarked for the near future, ill just be scared that like in the summer or something its gonna rub off or stain pants/shirts when sitting on it...

Just take your time and give it about one week to cure properly. After, you will need to apply leather protectant, which is included in the kit.

ll1.jpg

Those really do look great!

Do you have any pics of them in the truck?

The truck is getting a color change so I have no photos with the black seats installed but I will post that project when it is all done in a few weeks.

e1.jpg

Nice idea about the dye products. I'm planning on trying these Summit seats in the near future. No one else seems interested so I'll be the pig.

Attachments

• DC2 Explorer seat.JPG
    DC2 Explorer seat.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 463

I thought about Summit seats but they quoted me a price of a little under 1000 dollars (seat, track, shipping) and this truck is just not worth it... at least not for seats.

Looks interesting! Are you going black on black or a different color?

I thought about Summit seats but they quoted me a price of a little under 1000 dollars (seat, track, shipping) and this truck is just not worth it... at least not for seats.

I don't know what else they have, those are about $210 shipped each. I found seats on eBay like those which were all being imported and originally came in vinyl or leather, the leather seats being about $300 each. I watched them for a long time before discovering that Summit had seats that are virtually the same.

Essentially those are a copy or version of Recaro's or other racing seats. I think the important thing about them is the maker and available materials/colors. I'd like to have them in leather of course, but the shape and fit is a bigger deal first. There are tons of aftermarket seats, finding out if they fit a specific vehicle well is a trial and error process. How much are you willing to spend for a seat that may or may not fit? That's why at least a $200 seat is not so bad.

Looks interesting! Are you going black on black or a different color?

I just picked up the truck and as you can see I had it painted in blue.
The headliner and carpet will be in grey. Everything else will be in black.

b1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Beautiful, I love a freshly painted car.

Back