black magic electric fan?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

black magic electric fan??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Didn't know there was a new one out. Subscribing. :)

180, far better than the 150, installed mine about two mos ago

I have the Black Magic 150 electric fan on my '99. I have had it for over two years. I have had zero problems with it even when towing a Jeep on a tandem trailer in the hot Florida sun.

Take a look at http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75371&highlight=electric+fan

The newer fan ( 180 ) is bigger than the one I use, If I were doing it again, I would go with the 180.

Good luck ..........

The best part of the 180 is it is drop dead quite, the 150 drove me nuts

I am thinking this may be my next project,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MONMIX said:
I am thinking this may be my next project,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Is a great addition, your scangauge will come in handy dialing in the themostat

so u guys think that is a good buy??

boble86 said:
so u guys think that is a good buy??
For what it is i'ts a well made item, don't believe the 17 H.P gain, thats B.S, you might see 3.
Works for me

spindlecone said:
For what it is i'ts a well made item, don't believe the 17 H.P gain, thats B.S, you might see 3.
Works for me

Well shoot I was really hoping for four HP gain. :(

lol k well if yall havent seen my project im building my x for the rocks. so i think this will be a good option

boble86 said:
lol k well if yall havent seen my project im building my x for the rocks. so i think this will be a good option
If your an offroad type, also get the optional on/off switch

anyone know the cfm rating of the stock fan. I'm also considerring a electric fan swap. I can get a severe duty Ford Crown Victoria Police interceptor fan for pennies..

Can u tell what it cost and was there any special install problems? Also after looking at their web site, they have two models 185 &180.

commish said:
Can u tell what it cost and was there any special install problems? Also after looking at their web site, they have two models 185 &180.
About $250.00, install is very straight foreward.
The 185 is mustang specific, the 180 has universal mounting brackets.
Same fan tho

which model did u use and how did it mount?

commish said:
which model did u use and how did it mount?
depending on the configuration of your radiator, it can be mounted top and bottom, or side to side with adjustable brackets.
Mine is top and bottom

Attachments

• Mvc-019s.jpg
    Mvc-019s.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 407

got off thr phone with flex a lite and they are concerned with the gasket seal at core and the distance to the water pump. do u have a pic of the back side where fan meets radiator? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my radiator is 18"X18" core

Back