Blistein shocks installed!.. Next EE rear sway bar? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blistein shocks installed!.. Next EE rear sway bar?

dannytech_lt

Reaction score
City, State
Union nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0
Does anyone have the explorer express rear sway bar?

I'm doing a suspension over haul .. I've decided to keep my truck and I want to make the best of it..

Blistein shocks were installed this week along with fixing my front sway bar and new shackles in the rear

Truck drives great now but since I'm keeping it I wanna add the explorer express rear sway bar

Is it worth it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the EE rear bar. I do recommend it. Made the truck corner very well. I did the front and rear and Edelbrock shocks all at the same time. It was a huge difference in the handling department.

Most say it's the best handling upgrade you can do to a street driven truck after tires and shocks.
If you want to improve on that, do a slight drop and replace all rubber bushings with polyurethane.

I have the EE rear bar. I do recommend it. Made the truck corner very well. I did the front and rear and Edelbrock shocks all at the same time. It was a huge difference in the handling department.

yeah i gotta say putting bilstein shocks in my explorer.. plus my ms2 michelin tires everything just feels dramatic in my explorers ride.. it doesnt ride like "im a old truck" it it feels new again

theres a off ramp off the highway i drive home from work and i took it very quick and although i had the nervous its gonna flip the #### over it feeling it aggressively went around it very well .... but the rear sway i know would really stabilize it

Most say it's the best handling upgrade you can do to a street driven truck after tires and shocks.
If you want to improve on that, do a slight drop and replace all rubber bushings with polyurethane.

see thats my next question!... replacing all the rubber bushings with
polyurethane what the hell am i really doing by replacing these ? is it really worth doing too?

The X-Spec rear sway bar includes ES poly frame bushings.
Change the front SB bushings and and all end links bushings first.
The LCA & UCA bushings are labor intensive, not sure if it's worth it.

My 3/2 drop combined with the rear sway bar is a huge improvement.

Does anyone have the explorer express rear sway bar?

I'm doing a suspension over haul .. I've decided to keep my truck and I want to make the best of it..

Blistein shocks were installed this week along with fixing my front sway bar and new shackles in the rear

Truck drives great now but since I'm keeping it I wanna add the explorer express rear sway bar

Is it worth it?

I am assuming 99 & 2000 would use the same part number from Bilstein? What are the part numbers you got for yours I am currently trying to track them down front & back but my local shop is a pita. Where did you get yours from & how much? I just did my SB end-links that were blown with Energy Suspensions Red polyurethane bushings----OMG what a difference> I haven't even installed the actual sway-bar bushings yet and I am just wowd.

Although having near blown shocks doesnt help......lol

I installed Bilsteins AND EE swaybar at same time not long after I got my truck. Superb upgrades.

I am assuming 99 & 2000 would use the same part number from Bilstein? What are the part numbers you got for yours I am currently trying to track them down front & back but my local shop is a pita. Where did you get yours from & how much? I just did my SB end-links that were blown with Energy Suspensions Red polyurethane bushings----OMG what a difference> I haven't even installed the actual sway-bar bushings yet and I am just wowd.

Although having near blown shocks doesnt help......lol

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3024154#post3024154

thats the only link you need to get a pricing on them .. trust me i researched the best possible online deals ..

im a strong believer in bilstein there the only brand ive used bargain or no bargain there quality is unmatched

im not installing a sway bar until maybe begining of next year with winter on its way but ive found my next mod lol

Nice. Im ordering a pair of these Friday :). Not to high jack a threadm but I am redoing my suspension as well, including new brakes. What is an Explorer Express Sway bar, if you guys don't mind me asking, and can it be fitted to a 1996 EB 4x4?

Back