Blown SOHC head gasket *PICS* | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Blown SOHC head gasket *PICS*

Congrats ShelbyGT...

Great to hear the engine is running strong and your work paid off...I was feeling your pain from afar when it started pumping coolant after the rebuild...

Now it is my turn to redo my V6 in my Explorer now that i am back from Vegas...

Drive on!!!!:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will post a vid later...
Bob, where are the cheerleader's bodies? LOL

Thanks guys! This was one of those jobs you are a stronger for having done, but don't wish to ever have to do again.

So many things to remember and to perform in order that I was almost surprised when it fired up and ran perfectly. The second time around, I only had to use the manual for the torque specs. :p:

Very good, well done. Ditto that about doing a job and swearing it'll be the last time.

I'm glad it turned out fine for you and good job hanging in there. I've seen others sell rides because of things like this.

I'm not at all surprised it runs like a scalded ape either. You probably have 13.0:1 compression in cylinder number 5! :p:

I'm glad it turned out fine for you and good job hanging in there. I've seen others sell rides because of things like this.

I'm not at all surprised it runs like a scalded ape either. You probably have 13.0:1 compression in cylinder number 5! :p:

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking that extra aluminum might bump it up a wee bit..LOL

injector insulator question

Have you install the new injector insulator (adapters) yet. How do you get them in the head? Is there a special tool or something?

Have you install the new injector insulator (adapters) yet. How do you get them in the head? Is there a special tool or something?

I used a socket and tapped them into place.

i know its an old thread,anyway the pics and videos be updated please?

Back