Bluetooth pairing but not connecting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth pairing but not connecting

donjohnston

Reaction score
City, State
Panama City, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Platinum
I really don't know where this should go. I don't think it's an Explorer specific issue but I'm hoping someone has run into this. If there's a better sub-forum for this, please let me know.

I have a 2013 Explorer Limited with Sync 2. I've been using an OBDI module with Torque Lite for a few years for reading fault codes when they pop up. Recently, my phone stopped talking to the OBDI module. Showed that it was paired, but it didn't show as connected. Torque would say "No Bluetooth Device Selected". I removed the OBDI module and re-paired. After pairing, about 1-2 seconds later, the device would move from "Connected Devices" to "Saved Devices". Tried re-booting the phone, making sure it was updated, reset network connections, etc.

So I figured the module had failed. Since I had been meaning to upgrade to Forscan, I checked to see what OBDI module they suggested. I purchased the vLink FD.

Plugged it in and it does the exact same thing. My phone works fine connected to Sync. Also pairs fine with my wife's Volvo, small speakers and my headphones. I sent emails to the manufacture of the vLinker FD but I have not received any response.

The phone is a Google Pixel 5 running OS 13. Also does the same thing on my old Pixel 3.

I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I tried registering on the Forscan forum, but I can't get past the registration screen. It asks for an "invitation code" but I can't figure out how to get one of those.

My 17 escape would do thus every now and again. Have you done the master sync reset? That fixed the connectivity issue for me as far as pairing but not connected.

Back