iphones won't connect -- bluetooth prob? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iphones won't connect -- bluetooth prob?

stlrugger

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 XLT
I have a 2012 XLT. I installed the MFT update in late march, and have come to appreciate the improvements that were made.

However, last week, my Iphone 4 stopped being recognized automatically. I tried to do a manual connection, but it wouldn't connect. I did a hard reset of my phone, but that didn't help.

I then deleted my phone from the list and tried to establish a new connection, but when I try to pair them I immediately get an error message telling me that the pairing failed.

My wife's iphone won't connect via bluetooth either, which leads me to suspect that the vehicle's bluetooth is not working. Both our phones, as well as the kids' ipods will connect via cable, but there's not any hands-free function.

Anyone have any ideas about how to reset the bluetooth or otherwise troubleshoot this?

I just went thru this an hour ago at the dealer after doing a master reset
We were both baffled as last week it paired instantly. Fixed it by shutting off car, opening door and starting over. Make sure the phone is deleted from the car (under bluetooth devices) and start the process of pairing it. Pain in the arse but we got it connected back to how it was.
Hope that helps

Also delete the pairing from the iphone. I had to do that as well.

Back