Body lift and 33's! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body lift and 33's!

brianjwilson

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Ranger, 05 Sport Trac
Snapped a few quick pictures of the sport trac. Worked all weekend on the body lift (what a pain some of that was!), put the wheels and tires on today. Had to trim a fair amount of plastic in the front wheel wells but all seems clear now!
So far;
3" body lift
33x12.50 cooper stt's on 15x8's
Warrior front and rear sway bar disconnects
Window tint & Ventshades
A.R.E. fiberglass bed cover (great deal, used)
Aussie locker for the rear (not yet installed)
Still contemplating the Camburg "4x4" upgrade" and front and rear hitches
Soon ordering an xcal 2 tuner from rouge performance
I have Warrior shackles, but it looks like it needs a torsion bar adjustment just to sit level. Maybe the shackles will go on the wife's Explorer...

lift1.jpg

lift2.jpg

lift3.jpg

lift4.jpg

lift5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That ST looks great!!!!! Nice job!!!!

Now I can see what mine would look like with a bodylift. :thumbsup:
(same year, same color)

How do you like those tires?? I am going to get 35's and the dealer in St.louis has a buy 3 get 1 free deal on Cooper tires.

Chad

How do you like those tires?? I am going to get 35's and the dealer in St.louis has a buy 3 get 1 free deal on Cooper tires.

Chad

I love these tires! The wheels/tires are off of my ranger that I just sold. I got them about this time last year I think. So far they are very smooth and quiet, though slowly getting louder. Great in every situation so far, had them in lots of rain, snow, sand, mud, rocky areas.
The first time with them on light snow/ice I didn't like them much. My other M/T's seemed slightly better but they were also siped. Maybe I got used to them but I really liked them in snow by the end of winter. They are great in deep snow too.
When I bought them they were only 700 from discount tire, installed!

looking good brian

:D :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: ST looks amazing man, I am doing the same thing to mine as we speak. how much cutting did you have to do in the front fender area?

:D :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: ST looks amazing man, I am doing the same thing to mine as we speak. how much cutting did you have to do in the front fender area?

Thanks, here's the trimming. No before photos. There is some metal removed (just did it) so it needs a little cleaning, but you get the idea.

trim1.jpg

trim2.jpg

trim3.jpg

Oh and here are a couple of the swaybar discos..
Front
disco1.jpg

Rear (link removed)

disco2.jpg

The dealer here is wanting 360 a tire for the Cooper 35's!!!! The new redesigned BFG Mudterrain KM2 are only 240 each online:scratch:

Speedometer

Hey brian, About how many mph is your speedometer off with the 33"

hey brian, what website did you get the 3" body lift from? i already ordered a 3" body lift from 4wheelparts.com and i was wondering if you could get me some feedback about the yours and the one i got? and also why did you disconnect the swaybar ( as in what does it do when you disconnect it). one more thing, where did you get the warrior shackles?

is this truck a 2wd or 4wd?

Brian-I just saw your post where you intend to fix your speedo with a programmer. My superchips programmer (attmitedly crappy) won't correct the speedo on mine. The speedo is fed through the ABS module on mine, I had to use a dealer tool to change the Revs Per Mile for my tires. A flasher may be able to fix this though :dunno:

James Henson is the man you need to see for a flasher, he can tell you if it will work.

MountaineerGreen, I already bought an xcal2 from james, thanks! Works great. I can adjust for axle ratios, tire size and a bunch of other stuff that I don't understand ;) . Definitely helped performance a bit and improved shifting.

Walsdorf34, I disconnect the swaybars for a smoother ride and more wheel travel (see pictures). I've been leaving the rear disconnected and the front on most of the time.
The truck is a four wheel drive. I ordered the bodylift, swaybar disconnects and the shackles from tellico4x4.com. I actually just took off the front quick disconnects and put the stock end links back on, I didn't like the design of the disconnects so I'm going to through them back on ebay or something. I find its actually easier to just carry a 16mm and 15mm socket and remove one endlink.
I haven't installed the shackles yet. I might use them on my wifes explorer.

Sway bars disconnected;
flex1.jpg

flex2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pictures arent working anymore... :scratch:

Back