• Register Today It's free!

Body Lift Kit

jrpackman

Reaction score
City, State
Kill Devil Hills , North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I have a 1998 Explorer XLT, 4.0L and i want to lift my truck to get bigger tires for beach driving. Suspension lifts are to expensive(17 years old) so i am going with a 3 inch body lift. I looked for one but couldn't find one. Where can i get one with a bumper relocation kit and how big of tires can i get. I am going to get BFG all terrains. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First off, I am also 17...
I suggest Add-A-Leaves for the rear (get about 2 inches) + Maaybe some Warrior shackles, if you have that famous squat, and a TT (torsion twist) for the front (1.75 - 2.00 inches). Also, BFGoodrich A/T 31's, assuming you have the stock 15x7 errr.. 8? wheels. Much Cheaper!

TT - Free! assuming you don't need to buy wrenches or hand tools
AAL's - 60-70 bucks, for shipping and such
BFG's - was $512 for me - but that included coverage, mounting, old tire disposal, free rotations/balancing every 2k miles.

Good Luck!

31's should fit it stoock with no lift
at least they do on mine with no lose of turning and no rubbing
i plan on lifting mine 4 inchs to the body to gain more room for tires . thinking on a set of 34"s

You can fit 33s with a 3 inch body lift and the TT/shackle combo mentioned above. The body kit you're going to need is made by performance accessories for a Ranger and I believe the part number is PA#853.

allready got the body kit now just need some time to put it on

wait what this Torsion twist stuff all about

my "x" is a 93 does that make any difference?

what the call torsion twist means raising the torsion bars but there is a problem with doing that. If you raise it to much you will ruin your tires cause it will change the camber of the tires but if you want to do it there is a bolt at the back of each bar lift each one the same by counting your turns but have your alignment done to ajust the camber back or your new tires will be worthless in about six months.

there really is not a problem with the torsion twist if you get a front end alignment, , sure the tires tilt in at the top , but adjustments are there to fix that ,
i put shackles on mine and adjusted the torsions up quite a bit, and my tires are not wearing funny,,
the only problem that could arise from a TT is adjusting it all the way to the top could cause the cv joints to bind when turning the wheels all the way to one side or the other, ,

my "x" is a 93 does that make any difference?

Yes it does. You do not have torsion bars. Torsion Twist is for 95-01 Explorers & Mountianeers.

Back