Body lift vs suspension lift | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body lift vs suspension lift

i could see it and i dont have a webshots account.....i just had to copy and paste.

Something to consider with a suspension lift is that there is an increase in suspension performance. Also when you lift a vehicle and add taller tires, you increase the potential of roll over, increased center of gravity. To compesate for any lift it is always a good idea to increase the width of the vehicle, increase the moment of inertia. Increasing wheel backspacing, a little, and using wider tires will help considerbly to reduce roll over potential.

Originally posted by unclemeat
Something to consider with a suspension lift is that there is an increase in suspension performance. Also when you lift a vehicle and add taller tires, you increase the potential of roll over, increased center of gravity. To compesate for any lift it is always a good idea to increase the width of the vehicle, increase the moment of inertia. Increasing wheel backspacing, a little, and using wider tires will help considerbly to reduce roll over potential.

this is true....thats how i convinced my lady that i HAD to have 32s...."they are wider and more stable and its less likely that i will roll.":D

Back