Boomin's Mounty... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Boomin's Mounty...

OK guys I know all of you have seen my old 95x so well here is the new toy I just picked up. Its a 00' Mercury Mountaineer. Here are the specs..

12558Picture_031.jpg

Motor and Driveline
-5.0 V8
-All Wheel Drive (In process of 2wd conversion)
-3:73 gears with LS in rear
-Flowmaster 40 True duals to 3inch slant tips
-Mac intake
-FMS Headers
-Removed EGR system
-Ported upper intake manifold
-GT 40 1'' Manifold Spacer
-75mm Pro-m MAF
-ZEX 100 Shot N2O Kit

Interior / Electronics
-All leather
-Message center
-Digital climate control
-Alpine 7995 Head Unit
-Rockford Fosgate 2 ga wire kit
-Infinity Kappa 5x7's with rotating tweeter in all 4 doors
-door speakers pushed by an MTX 502
-Hifonics Zeus 5000 with remote bass gain
-2004 Hollywood Edge 12'' Sub in a custom box
-cobra radar detector

Suspention
-2'' drop via Tortion twist
-1'' Rear drop block
-Magnum drilled rotors (rear)
-Painted calipers Red
-Energy Suspention 4.5'' Endlnks
-18x9 Mustang bullets
-255/55R18 Falken Ziex Tires

Exterior
-Removed V8 embelms for 5.0 ones
-Front windows tinted 20%
-Custom grille finished and clear corners by oct 1st

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those are the wheels I've been looking for... :)

nice truck - what about that roll pan you've been working on?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

thanks man! The rollpan will probibly come after I finish my grille and my front bumper. If by then for some reason I find a saleen rear bumper I will be using that instead of a roll pan

hey I saw you replying to that one thread I was helping rydinhigh in. I decided to take a closer look at your mountie. Very nice truck!!! How much were ya able to pick it up for? Anyways, I just thought I would mention that it is a very clean looking 2nd gen. 18's are definately the way to go with that gen explorer. 20's just look a little out of place. Plus it is better to race with 18's than the heavy-ass 20's. Well let us know about your plans for your truck.

Would you be painting the rollpan gray? I'm a fan of monochromatic paint look but if you paint it gray to go with the side moldings it would look factory sweet!

Hey Rocket-
Typically, what is the weight difference between 18's and 20's?

X~FACTOR said:
Hey Rocket-
Typically, what is the weight difference between 18's and 20's?

I know im not rocket buy my 18's are aluminum and weigh in at 17lbs a piece. I am positive you can't find 20's that weigh that much.

Well next I have plands for the outside of the truck... I have an EE airdam for a 95-98 explorer thats gonna go on and I have me an extra grille sitting in the basement that im working on also. If I got a Rollpan I would be my 2-tone color. As for motor plans I'm saving up and watching ebay for an E303 cam and rockers. Everything else I can get directly from ford (through my buddys shop) nice and cheap

Hey X factor. It all depends on which style ya got. My old 20's from my maroon explorer probably weighed about 10 lbs more per rim compared to the stockers. They were heavy!!! That was why I hated to change them out for the race rims setup because I lived in an apartment at the time that was on the third floor and I would not only have to unbolt the old ones and swap in the new but I would have to carry one full set of rims and tires down three flights of stairs and also the others back up just for one trip to the track. One hting you got to realize that even though there is only a 40 lb total difference in weight, that weight is not only moving weight but rotational weight too which has alot more of a direct affect on the track time of a vehicle. Cause not only does the truck got to lug these heavier rims along for the ride but also spin them really fast too. So really if you would estimate it, it would be like the equivalent of letting an average male passenger ride along for the whole 1/4 mile. That was why I obught the style of 20' I got with my truck now. Cause they are alooot lighter than the other style I had on my previous truck. I will not be going to the dragstrip in these either for long. I will be getting a set of 15" centerline racing wheels and slicks for it and do it the right way at the track. But for the street I wanted something that would look good and also perform pretty well too.

New front end mods:
-custom grill
-98 explorer bumper and EE airdam
12558truck_front1.JPG

12558truck_front_2.JPG

12558truck_front_3.JPG

Old comparison pic:
12558Picture_031.JPG

That looks alot better than I thought it was gonna. Very nice job!

What are you doing for lights in the airdam?

X24 said:
What are you doing for lights in the airdam?

Havent really thougth about it yet but i need to finish the grill first because it needs very minor fiberglass work and a professional paint job (rattle can now)

Have you given any thought to a smoothie bumper like jamest did? Looks like too much open space with the grille out.

Well the airdam and grill have gone back to stock so i can finish the fiberglass work.
new mods...
-Flipped the T-bars for now a total of 4 inches of drop from stock
-Installed FMS headers with Percys gaskets and locking bolts

T-Bars Flipped pics....
12558drop_001.JPG

12558drop_002.JPG

12558drop_003.JPG

I just noticed in that pic you can see what side of the garage I pull into. Notice the begging of my burnout box right in front of my truck :burnout:

This thread needs an update!!!

-Drew

Yeah, it looks just a LITTLE bit different since those pics. :p

just a tad

Gosh I hope he went back to the way it was the first time! It looks like total garbage in the last picture! What is with these streeters converting to offroad lately? I say leave the streeter alone and buy another cheaper explorer for offroading!

rocket 5979 said:
Gosh I hope he went back to the way it was the first time! It looks like total garbage in the last picture! What is with these streeters converting to offroad lately? I say leave the streeter alone and buy another cheaper explorer for offroading!

Nah I went that way to slow it down. I am building a street car as soon as I finish a few parts on the truck. The truck will be the tow vehicle. I am planning on a GT40 5.0 miata to start soon.

Back