Both Key Fobs Now Not Working

mapleridger

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Hi all,
Both my fobs are not working in proximty mode.
I have replaced the batteries.
I have pit the keys in the glovebox. The car operates still. The remote locking now does not work.
Having real problems finding a solution on the internet.
Please help before I go to the dealer.
Thanks in advance

I've had it happen once that the car suddenly forgot all my fobs (but I could still use the key and start the car). I've no idea why, and it hasn't happened again since. When it happened, I reprogrammed mine (switch key from off to on rapidly 8 times without starting the car, car will honk, then push a button on each fob, car will honk for each key, turn off car when done). You may want to try that (I assume you have push to start so either search on here or Google how to do it for push button vehicles). If that doesn't work, I think a trip to the dealer might be necessary.

Hi all,
Both my fobs are not working in proximty mode.
I have replaced the batteries.
I have pit the keys in the glovebox. The car operates still. The remote locking now does not work.
Having real problems finding a solution on the internet.
Please help before I go to the dealer.
Thanks in advance
That's a looooong time between posts (5 years). When you say it doesn't work in "proximity mode" I'm guessing that means that you cannot open and lock the doors with the door handle. Is that right? Does remote start work? You can try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes before reconnecting it. You may lose some saved memory settings and your transmission will go through the relearn stage again. I'm not sure if a Master Reset would help in this case.
Found this thread using the Forum's 'Search' feature; Key fobs not working - apparent fix

Peter

Back