building another 4.0 but on pump gas 89 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

building another 4.0 but on pump gas 89

bigandbadranger

Reaction score
City, State
Pottsville pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 limited and 00 premier
so ill give this a try and see if i can build a 4.0 to.lol ive got the main block done. actualy i bought it from a buddy who started it and just said fxxx it and 5.0 swaped his ranger. its a 91 4.0 and its going into a 93 explorer. my goals are to beable to run on 89 with the most power i can get n/a....the bottom end is balanced but i am stuck on the pistons. the rods are in perfect shape but the pistons were pressed wrong and i havnt gotten a strait answer to wich way the oil squirters are supose to face.... then i can finish up the bottom end.

now heads. im realy confused as to wich heads to use and from what year to use them from. ive found a few places that carry aftermarket heads

tom morana racing engines
super six motor sports

these 2 are both carrying the aftermarket heads for it. does any one know of a better place to get some heads from or should i just get a set of stock heads....

. as for the bottom end as stated before the crank is balanced and the rods with pistons were supose to be to but if there pressed wrong then im gonna need new ones

Back