Bumper opinions? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bumper opinions?

We decided to put inspection covers on it so we could add lights or whatever down the road if need be.
IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

Heres the (finished) bumper.
We ended up rounding the outside corners because we think it looks cleaner.
IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

Just got some tremclad on there for paint and will add the hoop later, just wanted to get it in time for my wheeling holidays.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, freaking sweet

Thanks for the positive comments guys, my buddy spent a lot of time on it. :D

That bumper is awesome. Definitely one of the best ones I've seen on an Explorer...well, on anything for that matter. :cool:

bmxking5 said:
That bumper is awesome. Definitely one of the best ones I've seen on an Explorer...well, on anything for that matter. :cool:

Second that.

sup guys, got some good news for anyone that wants a rear tube bumper vehicle specific completely bolt-on...found it today at http://www.4by4connection.com/ford6.html...i'm probably going to get this...just letting u all know that there is one available...not sure if this is right forum to post...just thought u guys might be interested in the link...thx for reading i'm out.

I wish I had a welder & tube bender :(

And where can I get a set of the front & rear 'glass fenders & do they make them for a 4 door?
Man they make an Explorer look mean :eek:

to me it depends on the type of wheeling you do. the hoop was added to the first bumper for a reason not looks. if it blends with your bumpers lines it will look good. I like to climb things, if I can start the hoop the front wheels are 95% of the time going on. its a slider, it also can be used to part a way when going threw over growth. I like for everything I add to my rig to make it go and retain all its peices. alot of the hoops added to bumpers are upright there to just protect the grille lights etc. I'm not a big fan of them. the bumper looks awsum as it is, if you wanted more protection I'm sure you'll come up with something that fits.

nice bumper look like a pro job sweeet

Now all you have to do is have you buddy make a rear bumper w/ tire carrier. Looks great

do you know how much weight this added to the front? I don't think I saw any mention of that, I plan on making a bumper out of 3/16 also cause its the thickest metal my welder can weld on a single pass and I don't want anything too heavy.

Very sharp looking unit, WELL DONE.

do you know how much weight this added to the front? I don't think I saw any mention of that, I plan on making a bumper out of 3/16 also cause its the thickest metal my welder can weld on a single pass and I don't want anything too heavy.

It definately added some heft to the front-end. How much, I don't know since I added the winch at the same time, its nothing that some coil spacers couldn't cure though. I definately wouldn't go any thicker than 3/16 though.

Very nice bumper! How did you curve the front corners? That really makes your bumper stand out.

Oh and also the fact it looks really really good.

Back