Front Suspension: Long Arms from While Horse 4x4
Rear Suspension: Stock Spring, soa, 3" Block
Front Axle: Dana 44, 4.88 gears, Open
Rear Axle: Ford 9", 4.88 gears, Open
Driveshafts: Front: Stock, Rear: Extended 3"
Communications: None other than cell phone
Recovery Equipment: Atlas Winch
Tires/Wheels: 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers. Custom Rims
Exterior: 1970's dodge charger green, Custom front bumper, clear corners, and a few dents
Interior: Ranger front seats, stock rear seats, no carpet, no headliner
Audio: 4 Visonik 12" subs, Hifonics BXI1206D amp, Power Acoustik 5x7's. Clarion head unit
Future Mods: Install new rear bumper, Install Manual 1354 transfer case, sliders, lockers, install cb, and more money wasting things

Stage One: 31's

30743stock2.jpg

30743stock1.jpg

Stage Two: 33's, Superlift 5.5" lift, Warn manual hubs, 5 speed conversion, winch bumper w/ Atlas winch

30743explorer-and-bronco.jpg

30743caves.jpg

30743muddy.jpg

30743front-new-bump.jpg

The Accident and Rebuild:

crunch4.jpg

back.jpg

Stage Three: 36's Tsl Radials, D44/9", 4.88 gears, open f/r, extended ra's.

sas.jpg

final2.jpg

almost-done.jpg

flex2.jpg

burns-water-5.jpg

100_2643.jpg

BurnsCars.jpg

100_2588.jpg

The Paint

Explorer-getting-ready-for-.jpg

Explorer-painted-sublime-gr.jpg

explorer-painted-sublime.jpg

RearHatch.jpg

Explorer-6.jpg

Explorer-21.jpg

Explorer5.jpg

UPDATE 03-27-08

Explorer has not really changes much lately. Got a Lime Green diff cover thanks to JTsmith and thats it.

Explorer-4-032708.jpg

Explorer-3-032708.jpg

Explorer-2-032708.jpg

Explorer-032708.jpg

Natural-E-Brake.jpg

Explorer-on-trails.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Parking lights may better explain.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Gotcha. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Yeah im looking forward to seeing all the rigs at Tellico or where ever we go

Update:

Did a little wheeling after getting back from THaven.... Im back in the wheeling mood

Ended up starting the day with a front hub that is locked in the unlocked position. That hurt the day but i still tried everything like it was 4wd haha

This reminds me that those stupid grey ends didnt paint themselves...I need to do that this week. I got a few cans of flat black

Little-hill.jpg

Exploer-in-water.jpg

Front-end.jpg

your explorer is awesome, i really like it alot.

I think that's the first wheeling i've seen since the lime. Looks much better with a little mud :)

Yeah man if felt so good getting the old boy for a little fun again

lookin great man! i really dig the hatch.

so did you paint the hill then put a vinyl explorer on there?

Nice...very nice. Me likey!

Thanks man.

Welcome to EF. Just noticed you joined this year

Yeah, finally found a place where people were willing to talk about Explorers, instead of pissing on them. How sweet it is

See what happened to me after i found this place. Let the mods start on your explorer. Have fun :)

lol, I did the TT and shackles about 2 days after I joined!

classic mud bogger with the rope around the front bumper :cool:

Yeah i know man. I went wheeling with a bad hub and had to use the winch a few times so i used the strap on a tree so i didnt destroy it and the guy that hooked it up tied the strap and now its either leave it there or cut it off..... It needs to be cut off

UPDATE

After revisiting the poll and thread on mileage on your Explorer ( CLICK HERE ) I have noticed that I drive my Explorer way to much. Right now for this year I am sitting at 341,561 miles. Last year almost to the date I was sitting at 324K. So far thats around 18,000 miles this year and the year is not over yet. I forsee that before the end of this year I will have around 24,000 miles on this big baby.

I think that I have put the most mileage on a Solid Axle Explorer than anyone. I mean correct me if im wrong but dang im racking up the miles.

UPDATE
I think that I have put the most mileage on a Solid Axle Explorer than anyone. I mean correct me if im wrong but dang im racking up the miles.

Umm yeah, 24,000 miles a year on that thing is quite a bit. Do you find yourself having to change out any driveline parts? I run 37s on a solid axled rig every day but it's stock running gear and I'm not even putting that kind of mileage on my truck, closer to half that a year.

My explorer gets about 3,000 miles a year. All are pretty brutal miles and parts need attention often.

By the way, I think this is the first time I've read this whole thread, I dig the rear door graphic, never seen that before.

Back