California Emissions System on PIU | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

California Emissions System on PIU

GalpinFan1221

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Volvo XC90 R Design
Are all PIUs equipped with CA emissions or only in select states? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't say for sure but I would think it would meet CA emissions standards. I'm sure someone with an actual PIU would be able to answer that better, FYI, my 2017 Platinum which is not to be sold/registered in the U.S. has a label on it saying it meets EPA and California emissions.

Peter

Thanks. By the way my friend is also Canadian and has owned a Highlander too.

Mine was GSA vehicle and is not Commie-fornia compliant. It came form the Mid West.

It depends how the vehicle is ordered. I believe specific states allow emergency vehicles exemptions for California emissions; including those that require it for new cars otherwise. Fairly confident Ford sells them both ways.

You may want to consult an attorney or your local Google-fu if you're feeling lucky. If you're considering a non-California emissions equipped PIU, check local laws if your state requires California emissions on new cars and what the exemptions are for new vs. used vehicles. In New York, last I looked you can bring in a used non-CA emissions vehicle under certain circumstances.

Back