• Register Today It's free!

Camber Adjuster's

Slush Box

Reaction score
City, State
Panama City, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Mazda Protegé LX
Ok i lowered my 2001 Sport a while back but have seen problems i need some help. All i have done is put 2" drop blocks in back and removed the torsion bolts from the front. Now i have some neagative camber and its wearing my front tires some but the left front is the worst. Also when i crank the wheel all the way to the left it makes a knocking noise. I have been told that i need thos following.

1 - Edelbrack IAS shocks
2 - Front end allignment
3 - Left ball joints looked at
4 - Camber adjuster's

please tell em anything i need to do or get i can't let it go on this way thanks guys and gals.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1- you dont really need the IAS's, but they will be a very nice upgrade

2,3,4- all of these should be done in the same visit. when getting an alignment, any reputable shop will notice things like ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. and replace them or tell you about them. these are items that, if worn and in need of replacement, will keep the front from aligning properly.

i have heard several guys on here that had to order the camber adjusters because no local shops carried them. i dont really understand this, because virtually every shop around here has 'em in stock. i had mine done, and they didnt have to special order them. check around, as alot of alignment shops will say they aligned your front, and really just "eyeballed" it. i know, because i went through this the first time i had mine done. in other words, use a very reputable shop for this one. either way, get it done VERY soon because driving it right now is setting in a "wear pattern" on your tires. if it goes long enough (which is not long at all), they will wear funny until the day you throw them away.

I got my adjusters from Explorer Express but the alignment shop did not have them anyway, said they would have to order.

My shop has to order camber adjusters from Napa, idiots. :eek:

Oh ok thanks alot James T yeah i want the shocks but i will get the alignment stuff first as soon as my taxes come in. Yeah i'll see if they have the camber adjusters if not would you say Explorer Express ones are good. Thanks again James T your awesome buddy.

does e.e. sell the adjusters seperately no right?

If you want just the Adjusters read this thread

Dead Link Removed

dam 16.24 for the 4 cambers and the shops will do the rest. Heh beats e.e's prices! I don't know why anyone would buy the lowering kit from them anymore, you can get blocks for like 20 bucks and the cambers are cheap to.

Johhny Island You said that you removed your bars completly or just the bolts? Also do you have any pictures. If you do I can post them for you.

Back