• Total voters

izackary

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Mazdaspeed6 GT
OK folks, the Cape Cod National Seashore has updated their site for 2007. The weekly permit fee has gone up to $50 (up $10 a year since 2005 :rolleyes: ) but the season fee is still $150. I'm considering making a few trips to try and get everyone over there at some point throughout the season. If you think you'll be there at least 3 times between April 15th and November 15th, it would be wise to get the season pass. Since there is about a mile or so of open beach (usually) it would also be a good idea (like it always is anyways) to have your own CB so you can go explore on your own if you wish and still stay in touch with the group.

NEW, starting this season, they ARE allowing campfires as long as a permit is reserved 3 days in advance. No word yet on whether there is a fee. There is no fee or permit required, however, for saltwater fishing, or for self-contained stoves or grills, so feel free to fry up any fish you might catch (except Matt, who likes raw baitfish.:D ) Since this question has come up before, alcoholic beverages can be allowed, but the driving "lanes" on the beach are to be treated as any roadway. No OUI or open containers.

I forget which campsite we used last year, but it was definitely suitable with its toilets, plumbing, and coin-operated hot showers. I had difficulties with my own rig last year, but I plan to make repeated trips to the Cape this year. I hope most if not all of you can join me at least once!

-Prez

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Isaac
Thats something I always wanted to do but was told that they did not allow driving on the beach anymore. Keep me posted, I am sure we would like to go down there for at least a weekend.

Last year a large section was closed for a while due to the plovers nesting all over.

Hey Isaac
Here is a question for you seeing as how your familiar with the area. Last time I did a job at the cape, When I was leaving, Soon after crossing the bridge as I got on 495 N I noticed a bunch of off road trails to the right of the highway that looked pretty cool from the road. Are you familiar with them? If so how are they?
Thanks
JIGA

I know they've been doing plenty of construction on the mainland side of the bridges, particularly at the Sagamore. As far as anything legal to wheel on, there's nothing I'm aware of right there.

Actually I was wrong. Now that I am looking at the google map I realize it was off of rt. 3 where I noticed the trails. It was years ago but I do remember seeing some huge hills to climb. If you go to google maps follow rt 3 north just above hedges pond. Then switch to satellite and you can see all the trails near the highway.http://maps.google.com/maps?q=cape ...a:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&sa=N&tab=wl

Everyone

This is the highlight trip of our club so far. We have always had the biggest turn out at this trip. We have plenty of notice for this trip. So start saving some $$ and vacation time. We did it in August last year. I am up for August again. As far as the camp site goes, the campsite we stayed at last time was great. Since we have mega notice. We can start fishing around for better spots.

Actually I was wrong. Now that I am looking at the google map I realize it was off of rt. 3 where I noticed the trails. It was years ago but I do remember seeing some huge hills to climb. If you go to google maps follow rt 3 north just above hedges pond. Then switch to satellite and you can see all the trails near the highway.http://maps.google.com/maps?q=cape ...a:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&sa=N&tab=wl

Yeah, dude. That stuff is all gone. They've removed that rotary and now there's a straight overpass leading onto the bridge, with the side street passing underneath.

Everyone

This is the highlight trip of our club so far. We have always had the biggest turn out at this trip. We have plenty of notice for this trip. So start saving some $$ and vacation time. We did it in August last year. I am up for August again. As far as the camp site goes, the campsite we stayed at last time was great. Since we have mega notice. We can start fishing around for better spots.

Im game for the cape in august. Just dont make it the weekend of the 11th. thats when I am doing my run.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1601696#post1601696

That date is etched in stone. I already put the word out with all my boys.

Hey guys
I just found a post on craigslist for someone who needs there hardwood floors sanded in the falmouth area. He wants to barter the labor for two weeks stay at his house which I guess is on a private beach. I just sent him an email with my cell #. Hopefully if it all goes through, I can get the place for the cape run and give a few of us a free place to stay. I guess its a two bedroom house. Ill keep you posted
Later
JIGA

Hey guys
I just found a post on craigslist for someone who needs there hardwood floors sanded in the falmouth area. He wants to barter the labor for two weeks stay at his house which I guess is on a private beach. I just sent him an email with my cell #. Hopefully if it all goes through, I can get the place for the cape run and give a few of us a free place to stay. I guess its a two bedroom house. Ill keep you posted
Later
JIGA

That would be cool if that happens, I'm not really a camping type anyway, I don't sleep well on the ground and it's hell to get up on my feet with my bad knees

Hey guys
Later
JIGA

The Falmouth area would be a nice vacation spot, but would be too far away to effectively use it for the beach trip... Falmouth to Provincetown is close to 1.5hrs away (not including summer time traffic) :eek: I have put together a little overview map to show relative distances and our destination area...

NEX_Cape_Cod_Beach_Map.jpg

Jeff, if that will work for you, that's fine. Myself, I'm still for camping up closer.

Yeah, I agree. If you bring Jerry, maybe he can get with that girl. ;)

Yeah we will see what happens. I havent received a reply from the guy yet so its more than likely a no go. I would rather camp out myself anyway, But if I do get the place and its on a private beach, That would be a tough one to turn down. We shall see.

The Falmouth area would be a nice vacation spot, but would be too far away to effectively use it for the beach trip... Falmouth to Provincetown is close to 1.5hrs away (not including summer time traffic) :eek: I have put together a little overview map to show relative distances and our destination area...

NEX_Cape_Cod_Beach_Map.jpg

Your right. I have made that trip a couple of times and it is a haul.
Thanks for the map
JIGA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your right. I have made that trip a couple of times and it is a haul.
Thanks for the map
JIGA

Your welcome.. I wanted to put one together anyway to highlight overall distances. I will put together several other maps detailing the camping, beach area to eliminate any driving confusion.. The 1st time we went down we had a hard time finding the Ranger station to get our beach permits.

Back