SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
Anybody running a cargo barrier in their x?

I have alot of stuff in there to begin with, and when its loaded for a trip im generally over packed. I find that i fear where everything is gonna wind up if i ever go over more then the thought of actually going over

anyone have any input?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you talking about a cage? like for a dog ?

or contact your local law enforcement , they did use the custom dog gates in Explorers,
maybe they have an old one laying around they don't use any more, ,

looking for something more like a cargo net or something. I want to keep that heavy tool box and other loose stuff in the back where it belongs if I ever go over I have everything bungied so it dosnt shift much, but I carry alot of stuff in my rig and if I ever roll I have serious lethal projectile potential back there

I know there was a vendor on this site way back when for them but their sites down

I have one in my 94 and wrote a review of it on here but damned if I can find the review.Here are some photos,I will keep looking.
PICT1156.jpg

PICT1158.jpg

thats exactly like what i was thinking!

How'd you go about mounting the D-rings to the roof? I'd like something like that in my Ex.

1/4 inch self tapping screws about 1/2 long set in the C pillar,you have to be careful they are not too long or they will go thru the roof.The D ring setup I got at Lowes or Home Depot.

I am not running a cargo barrier but know its only useful when there is frequent deliveries of cargo....otherwise a temporary barrier is good option which can be attached and removed according to the use......

the d rings look good, idk about the seatbelt attachment part lol

i just wish it was cheaper...

i just wish it was cheaper...

I swear I don't think I paid that much for the one I have,I will have to look when I get home in a week or so but I thought I paid in the $120 range.Here is a link to another style made in Australia.http://www.milfordind.com.au/shop/?...&category_id=bb7d5f4717d905b1599a398cb5587302 I have sent them an inquiry to see what the price is shipped to the US,I had a silk sleeping bag liner made in NZ and it was cheaper shipped here then what I could buy here so you never know.

Back