Floor mats/liners/cargo mats | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I use the plastic roll of carpet protector with the one sticky side instead of a mat. Works for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I leave the OEM mat in at all times that goes behind the 3rd row. Then when I have to stow the 3rd row, I toss in the OEM cargo liner. I keep it clipped to a beam in my garage when not using it. Simple enough.

I had a set of Husky's in my Pathfinder. Loved them. Now I need to get the 3rd row storage MATT. I'm kind of paranoid of lying anything down on the stowed 3rd row seats because I don't want to get the carpet/upholstery dirty from the underside of a dirty MATT.

Good info here.

For reference, here's a couple photos of it in the well vs over the stashed seats. It covers all but 18" of space. It's more versatile than you might expect and you don't need to take it out of the car when you are using the 3rd row.

biMjqo.jpg

KqmY9G.jpg

Wasn't sure which of the floor mat/liner threads to add this to, but I figured I would go with this one since there are a few more pages of posts than some of the others. I just got the Husky X-Act Contour mats for the 1st & 2nd rows. The lip on the front mats are great. I wish the second row had something similar since there is a lot of carpet exposed between the edge of the door and the mat. Anyone seen a 2nd row mat that has the protective lip as well?

jP4mPsu.jpg

vuYDjGE.jpg

JBDQViH.jpg

eTH2u2Z.jpg

I'm looking for a mat that I can use with both: 3rd row up or folded down. Most important: I need to be able to stow away the mat when I'm using the 3rd row - or in other words: 1 solution for 3rd row in use and folded down! Any suggestions?

I have used this product from Canvasback in the past with a grand cherokee. I just bought a 2014 explorer this week and will be placing an order for a canvasback for this vehicle as well. It is a nice canvas material that velcros to the existing interior. The explorer version completely wraps the 3rd row seats individually, so it is protected if the seat is in use or folded down, or in combo. Check it our here: http://www.canvasback.com/index.php/products.html/?find=ford-explorer-2014-4305

I have used this product from Canvasback in the past with a grand cherokee. I just bought a 2014 explorer this week and will be placing an order for a canvasback for this vehicle as well. It is a nice canvas material that velcros to the existing interior. The explorer version completely wraps the 3rd row seats individually, so it is protected if the seat is in use or folded down, or in combo. Check it our here: http://www.canvasback.com/index.php/products.html/?find=ford-explorer-2014-4305
That seems like a good product but it all depends on what the cargo area is used for. For me I transport my dogs back there at times and also take many loads of yard waste etc. to the recycling place so I need something that won't absorb any liquid materials and won't get hair stuck in it. The OEM liner is ideal for that purpose. After the yard waste has been removed I just pull the liner out, give it a few shakes and put back in. I also actually still carry the liner from my previous MKT and when the 2nd row seat backs need to be covered I just slide that liner over them.

Peter

I'm looking for a mat that I can use with both: 3rd row up or folded down. Most important: I need to be able to stow away the mat when I'm using the 3rd row - or in other words: 1 solution for 3rd row in use and folded down! Any suggestions?

That seems like a good product but it all depends on what the cargo area is used for. For me I transport my dogs back there at times and also take many loads of yard waste etc. to the recycling place so I need something that won't absorb any liquid materials and won't get hair stuck in it. The OEM liner is ideal for that purpose. After the yard waste has been removed I just pull the liner out, give it a few shakes and put back in. I also actually still carry the liner from my previous MKT and when the 2nd row seat backs need to be covered I just slide that liner over them.

Peter

Agreed. This will be used primarily to keep the dog hair out of the carpeting when the 3rd row is flat, and keep things clean from kids equipment from football and lacrosse. I'll likely get a weathertech for the actual cargo floor behind the 3rd row as well. I like the utility of the canvasback because I can keep the seats in a variety of configurations without wrestling with a tray of fixed size. With 4 kids and friends our seating requirements change daily.

Hi All. Just an update. I bought the Husky E-act Contour liners about 6 months ago. A few observations: depending on the shoe worn, the heel can slide off the small pad in front of the gas pedal. Also, when vacuuming the mat itself, the hard plastic of a shop vac leaves marks on the liners like they are scratched up. This I DON'T like at all.

(Also posted on this thread about foldable cargo liners)

So I got the Husky X-Act Contour floor mats/liners, but I decided to go with the 3D MAXpider liner for the cargo area (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CH8QQ24/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It isn't your standard plastic/rubber liner, but it is essentially the same kind of material ("thermoplastic rubber with a carbon fiber embossed pattern"). It definitely doesn't feel like anything will slide around on it. The bottom essentially acts like velcro, but not as crazy as velcro (it won't move on its own, but you can still pick it up to adjust it when needed fairly easily).

The huge plus for this one is that it does fold down to a third of its size which will make it easy to put behind the third row (could even probably fold it in half after folding it into a third too). The only downside is that the outer edge isn't raised where the two folds are. I don't really anticipate having a major spill though, so anything that could spill would likely be contained within the area it was sitting in. It's also apparently great at reducing road noise. They make floor liners too, but I opted for a normal liner for those (Husky X-act contour).

The part sitting against the 2nd row is slightly raised on the right since I have the right seat all the way back. I also may cut out the areas for the 3rd row seatbelts so that the edges will lay completely flat (barely raised at the moment). You can see what it looks like with them cut out on the Amazon posting.

27ccKak.jpg

x7NFFHH.jpg

iKPKcEz.jpg

on the husky liners for front and second row, I am trying to understand the differences between the x-act contour vs. the weatherbeaters.
We have weatherbeaters on the 2011 and they are great but the sidewalls are flimsy and deform.
For our new 2017, I am willing to buy the x-act if they are any better than the weatherbeaters.. anybody has compared both?

Thanks

on the husky liners for front and second row, I am trying to understand the differences between the x-act contour vs. the weatherbeaters.
We have weatherbeaters on the 2011 and they are great but the sidewalls are flimsy and deform.
For our new 2017, I am willing to buy the x-act if they are any better than the weatherbeaters.. anybody has compared both?

Thanks
I've used the Weatherbeaters in my last 3 vehicles and haven't had any issues with the 'sidewalls' at all. I believe the Contours are a softer more rubber like liner. I wasn't sure if they had the same protection of that area by the door sill but looking at pictures on their site it looks like they do. This post shows 2nd and 3rd row pictures.
purchasing husky liners
I like the stiffer Weatherbeaters because I think it makes it easier to take them out and dump any accumulated water.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead an ordered the x-act contour.
I'll report back once I receive them.

Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead an ordered the x-act contour.
I'll report back once I receive them.
Haven't had both, but I liked the look of the x-act contours more. Seemed like they had more ridges and were a little deeper to separate liquid from where your feet would sit on the mat.

Did the 2016-2017 MYs come with a third row stock floor mat for your feet with the third row in use as seats? I just realized my new 2018 does not have a mat back there. Thanks

Did the 2016-2017 MYs come with a third row stock floor mat for your feet with the third row in use as seats? I just realized my new 2018 does not have a mat back there. Thanks
My 2017 didn't have a 3rd row mat, so I assume they don't come standard.

My 2017 did not and neither did my 2011 Limited nor my 2014 MKT.

Peter

Back