Floor mats/liners/cargo mats | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

Driver

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 477

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2nd row

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 491

3rd row

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 476

Yeah...... I think I am gonna get a set of those. Looks like a really nice fit

What I don't understand about the WeatherTech liners is why they don't make the fronts to cover the carpeted area right over to the door sill like the Husky liners do? In the climate here with the snow/slush etc I would never get the WeatherTech liners as they are now. I could swear that the WeatherTech TV commercials show liners that cover that area but they don't seem to be available.:scratch:
See http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3492215&postcount=228 for a comparison.

Peter

Also have the full set of weathertechs and they've held up very well this winter as expected (also have them in my RX350).
I make a habit of removing them (front and second row at least) and pour out whatever amount of water from snow that's melted.

Best Trunk (Behind 3rd Row) Mat Options

Hi. Looking for suggestions from people for a mat or cover that could go behind the third row seats above the spare wheel well, but that also is thin enough that it won't prevent the seats from folding and stowing...

Anyone have anything they like?

I picked up a small mover's blanket from Harbor Freight for a couple of bucks. You can use it to protect the area behind the 2nd row seats when the 3rd row isn't used and it can go behind the 3rd row by simply folding it to the needed length.

Hi. Looking for suggestions from people for a mat or cover that could go behind the third row seats above the spare wheel well, but that also is thin enough that it won't prevent the seats from folding and stowing...

Both Husky and WeatherTech have these liners. Also see post 124 for another option. If you use the 'Search' program you will see that there are couple of threads on liners in the Modified sub forum as well.

'Search' is your friend.

Peter

Husky. I have had them in 3 vehicles now and have loved them all (as much as one can love floor mats/covers). In my EX I have them in the front, second row, third row and back. The 3rd row seats have no problems folding over on the back one. I also have a back cover, over the 3rd row seats folded. Husky liners are deep and fit well.

JMHO,

TW

I just don't understand why folks like these over Husky. Oops, this should have been attached to an earlier quote. My bad.

I had WeatherTech in my 2014 Explorer and I have Husky Liners in my 2016. The Husky are much heavier duty and they do cover the front carpet to the door sills. I would pick them over the WeatherTech.

I have a 2016 EX Sport and I am looking to get a cargo mat for behind the second row (third row is down most of the time). I have been debating between the Weathertech and Husky mats like many of those in this thread. The Weathertech website did not mention anything about provisions for the seat belts and tie down hooks like the Husky does, so I called Weathertech. They said their cargo mat is molded around the seat belt instead of having a cut out, and that their mats do not have provisions for the cargo tie down hooks. It looks like I will end up going with the Husky, but was wondering if anybody else can confirm if the Weathertech's do block the tie down hooks.

I have a 2016 EX Sport and I am looking to get a cargo mat for behind the second row (third row is down most of the time). I have been debating between the Weathertech and Husky mats like many of those in this thread. The Weathertech website did not mention anything about provisions for the seat belts and tie down hooks like the Husky does, so I called Weathertech. They said their cargo mat is molded around the seat belt instead of having a cut out, and that their mats do not have provisions for the cargo tie down hooks. It looks like I will end up going with the Husky, but was wondering if anybody else can confirm if the Weathertech's do block the tie down hooks.
Ford also has an OEM cargo mat with Explorer on it. Had it been available when I got my 2011, I would have gone with it. Likely will do so on my next Ex.

Peter

Ford also has an OEM cargo mat with Explorer on it. Had it been available when I got my 2011, I would have gone with it. Likely will do so on my next Ex.

Peter

I was going to consider getting the Ford mat, but I read that it does not fit as well as the Weathertech or Husky.

I purchased the Ford rear compartment rubber mat, and it is very lightweight. I think that it would tear, if you put anything onto it that had a sharp edge. I had a Weathertech in our 2005 Mercury, and it was tough as nails, and it fit perfectly.
I wasn't very impressed with the quality, or should I say, the lack of quality in the Husky mats that I purchased for the front floor of our 2016. It was misshaped, and it took a very long time to regain its contour. It has been 3 months so far, and it still has gaps on the left side where it meets the drivers door sill. Also, the anchors came apart, and I asked the company to send me replacements. They didn't say that they would or wouldn't, and as of today, it has been at least 2 1/2 months, with no reply. I just a product by its quality, and a company by its service after the sale. I will give the mats a D for quality, and the company gets a F- for service after the sale.

Too bad you had that experience with the Husky mats. Most people have been very happy with them. I had a set in my 2011 Ex and also have them in my 2014 MKT. Rating them a solid 'A+'. Never had to call them fort service so I can't comment on that.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Weather Tech cargo liner

I have a 2016 Explorer and just received my cargo liner to fit with the 3rd row folded. Contacted Weather Tech about the fit not being as precise as they advertise. It's mainly around the 3rd row seat belt anchors. They should have done a better job. Also back left corner has a gap that is not on the right back corner. Maybe their laser measurements were off. Sent them pictures at their request and response was that was how they were suppose to fit. Oh well..should have checked out Husky.

Back