CD Stuck, how do I remove it?

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
CD Stuck, how do I remove it from the head-unit?

The wife put in a homemade CD with Christmas songs into the Ford radio. Now it will not eject out or play, just gives an err message. Does anyone know how to I remove it from the head unit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you hit eject can you hear the motor moving the CD? Can you see the CD at all? I have it happen everyonce and a while and use small forcepts to get them out.

whitemage25 said:
When you hit eject can you hear the motor moving the CD? Can you see the CD at all? I have it happen everyonce and a while and use small forcepts to get them out.
I can't hear a thing. Can't see it either. Any ideas cause I know it's there?

anyone know how to remove the CD?

Did you get a new truck?!

On topic: I would do what whitemage said, get some small forcepts in there if you can and grab it.

dont know if this will help in this situation but i had this hapen in my Maxima. I removed the radio stack out of the dash disconected all the wires, and found the top panel of the radio was held on by 4 screws. upon removing that i was able to see the actual cd player part of the cluster, and was able to use a small screw driver to trip the small door that was on that radio and the cd slid out. upon pluging the unit back in it must have reset as it would then acept and eject cds again.

other than that id agree with the others on usinf small focepts to slide it out of the unit

buy a small hook pick and pull the ******* outta there.

good old wack on the dash :D ..that actually has worked
but as said above either the samll forceps to pull it out or take the Radio out of the dash

Stuck

It happened to me a while back. I removed the radio from the dash using the u shaped tools. There was a round sticker that came loose and jammed up everything. It only took a minute to remove the cd with the radio out without any damage to the radio. :usa:

Sometimes disconnecting the battery works on aftermarket units. I didn't think it would, but amaingly enough it did. Needle nose pliers work great too.

i would just take out the radio open it up and pick it out. i dont like sticking things into my cd player if i dont know where they are going lol. does the cd play by chance?

i duno if you got it out or not yet, but it happend in my moms 01 sport. i pulled the unit out with those ushaped tools and disconected all the wires, tipped it upside down and it fell right out. i might have just got lucky, but it worked for me. speaking of which.. she has another cd stuck in there now.. so i need to go get it out. good luck.

Dr. Sawzall will get that CD out :smoke: .

Try cutting the power to the cd (both memory and ignition power) and then turn it back on. Sometimes just re-setting the thing works. If not, take it out and take the thing apart..

what seems to happen is the ford unit doesnt like cd's that are thicker than normal. the cd stuck in her player now has a label on it that increases the thickness, and the last cd to get stuck in there was thicker than an average cd for some reason even though it wasnt burned. "The wife put in a homemade CD with Christmas songs into the Ford radio." <--- i'm guessing there was a label on it?

Back