centrifugal superchargers, 4.0 Sohc | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

centrifugal superchargers, 4.0 Sohc

Its my understanding that the 05+ v6 mustangs have the same engine, how hard would it be to make a procharger kit from the mustangs fit? anyone have any insight, i was thinking hacking up the kit, and or using a vortech supercharger and a wrx sti top mount intercooler. I know i could pay like 4 grand and get the explorer express kit, but im REALLY not into forcing hot air into my engine, and all this talk about it being under boost only at full throttle :confused: anyways, i understand a turbo is a possibility but im not really into it. I was reading around here somewhere that there used to be a procharger kit available??? for explorers anyways shoot me some thoughts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, like anything, it's going to take some work. I believe the mustangs have a bit more room under the hood so It's not going to be easy; as you'll probably have to move and relocate a bunch of things.

Just curious but why not a turbo?

well

some of the reasons i dont like the idea of a turbo is the fact that ill have a turbo underneath my car, and the custom exhaust work would be a PIA and in california its hard anought to find someone to install a catless x pipe. im pretty sure the turbo you would use for it needs to be cooled/lubricated so id have to plum oil lines and what not. i dont want a eaton style blower because of the heat it puts out specially at higher boosts. i think a votec v1 or a procharger with a top mount intercooler and a custom made scoop in the hood and all would be a sick setup.my ex is still in the paint shop so i cant even really get on this idea yet because i dont have an engine bay to measure :p. I believe if i relocate the alternator to the other side, it might be able to fit in its place. i think the procharger c-1 would suffice, and its self contained.

Hey man. Any updates on what you did? I'd love to do something similar. I've been going over so many ideas for it in my head these past few days; would love to hear what someone else did.

Hey man. Any updates on what you did? I'd love to do something similar. I've been going over so many ideas for it in my head these past few days; would love to hear what someone else did.

Alex you may want to PM the member to get any updates from him, if he still posts here. You just pulled a dead 4 year old thread up that doesn't seem to have went anywhere.

Didn't even look at the date. haha

Back