cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build! | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build! WAS SOLD

Well after Truck Haven and talking to Stic-o. I have decided to go SAS and full width. I just bought a 79 Bronco w/ Dana 44 from a guy out of Utah, for $400 for the whole thing. I am going to have ?s so get ready her I come!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

i would so ride that if it was yellow...

Dude you got ripped! :mad: The flex sucks on that thing!:thumbdwn: ... And just a little tip man ...that cage ain't gonna save your butt at all. Go down to toys r us and get your money back...pick up one of the Power Wheel Escalades with the big owe speakers in the back:cool:

pTRU1-2882291reg.jpg

:p:

uhhhh dezert truck? almost the original plan again? htats pretty cool i really like the race style trucks, although crawling is really fun. man your demelition bussines must have been pretty good if you can build a dezert truck, haha. lookin good

Ok i think we got it figured out, i want to do something like this, sandcar axle!

man man.. see if you can push the differential closer to the center of the vehicle. The problem right now is that its too far to one side already so the arm length is limited. But while your at it, seeing that you have uber $$, go ahead and swap the front differential for an IRS differential.. like from a third gen or maybe the Corvette D44.

man man.. see if you can push the differential closer to the center of the vehicle. The problem right now is that its too far to one side already so the arm length is limited. But while your at it, seeing that you have uber $$, go ahead and swap the front differential for an IRS differential.. like from a third gen or maybe the Corvette D44.
At least an F150 IFS diff with the reverse cut 8.8". You'll grenade the D35 in no time with half-axles like that. :eek:

At least an F150 IFS diff with the reverse cut 8.8". You'll grenade the D35 in no time with half-axles like that. :eek:
There you go cgriffin :D You'll be the first on the forum (i think) to run dual 8.8s.. DUAL ! (assuming your not switching over to the 9" in the back)

Well the arms are 6" over so thats not a problem there.

oh nose! its a 9"! :D

I'll make you a deal, any jump/drop you do on your truck, I'll jump on my bike.
And any jump I do on my bike, you do on your truck

Just go ahead and throw a 9" center section in the front too. It would be soooo easy.

When do you expect to have your truck back?

yeah.. as in to drive off-road whenever you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back