Choices for full size blazer axles? --ok on to the swap | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Choices for full size blazer axles? --ok on to the swap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Upon further review---:frustrate

I am now informed the ABS light has been on for years, since he bought the truck. Nice----:rolleyes:

OK, no pressure to the rear. Best to eliminate the abs, and run lines straight to a proportioning valve to the rear.

:dunno:

Isn't this fun? It would be if I didn't need this thing moved. Time to put it on the back burner aisle-----

I was going to suggest bypassing the ABS modulator but I figured it would just lead to more work :)

I was going to suggest bypassing the ABS modulator but I figured it would just lead to more work :)

One little change leads to a chain reaction of supporting mods eh?

Bolt right in my toe--:D

At least it's not your own vehicle that gets cursed :D

Oh crap. I'm coming down in the spring for my TM install. I'd better find a priest in Humbolt to perform an exorcism :D:p:

I hope it's not air in the ABS. First be sure the fluid is flowing well to the calipers. Since air has gotten in the master cylinder, it wouldn't hurt to check the proportioning valve or combination valve if it has that. Those can get plugged up if the fluid gets old enough and material gets in there.

First be sure the fluid is flowing properly first, air in the ABS will not affect normal bleeding flow. Then if the pedal is still spongy, find out how much it would be at a dealer. There are aftermarket "boxes" available that are old dealer tools etc, people find them on eBay sometimes.

Pull the line loose at the proportioning valve and see what kind of fluid comes out and goes into it. The fix could be to swap that, or clean it.

Back