Chrome Wheel Exchange? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chrome Wheel Exchange?

I live in Sedalia, MO - come on and give it a shot if you are feeling lucky. I really only drive it to work and back and it is locked in the garage at night at the end of a dead end road out in the country and parked in the parking lot of a business where 75% are packing heat at work - so I hope they are worth a lot to you!

Me? I'm not worried about it in the least. If they get stolen - I will deal with it then. I am just not that paranoid when there are 700 cars just like it in town. lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did these come from Detroit wheel and tire? If so, I purchased the same, but in black chrome. They do look very, VERY good in person. I have not been able to have mine mounted yet, but am looking forward to it!

Shumax

Yep, Detroit Wheel is where I go them. Easy to deal with and they all looked great. You are right - they look better in person!

Did you run into any issues with them being out of round and causing balance issues because of it?

Nope - not so far. You have that issue?

Not a fan of chrome, but I can't stop looking at those wheels. Looks really good!

Nice looking wheels! good choice!

Not Chrome

Not a fan of chrome, but I can't stop looking at those wheels. Looks really good!

If you mean chrome itself - these are not chrome. They are PVD coated. Chrome looks great, but can be a pain when it starts leaking.

If you mean the chrome look - then it certainly is a taste thing. They have a black chrome as well that looks pretty nice, just not for me.

If you mean chrome itself - these are not chrome. They are PVD coated. Chrome looks great, but can be a pain when it starts leaking.

If you mean the chrome look - then it certainly is a taste thing. They have a black chrome as well that looks pretty nice, just not for me.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification! :thumbsup:

Here is the PVD Black Chrome. Looks so very good in person. Very happy with them!

image_zpszeik9mft.jpg

image_zpsgyk3yt9t.jpg

image_zpshczoocls.jpg

Those look great! I'm looking at getting a set of the OEM 5-spoke 20" wheels in chromE PVD for by black 2011.

WOW - looks great!!!

I live in Sedalia, MO - come on and give it a shot if you are feeling lucky. I really only drive it to work and back and it is locked in the garage at night at the end of a dead end road out in the country and parked in the parking lot of a business where 75% are packing heat at work - so I hope they are worth a lot to you!

Me? I'm not worried about it in the least. If they get stolen - I will deal with it then. I am just not that paranoid when there are 700 cars just like it in town. lol

Don't sweat wheel locks! Your Exp looks great with those new wheels and tires. I bought a set of wheel locks for my Wrangler I had 35" mud terrains on. I park in a deck downtown where my friends lifted Ram 1500 was stolen. If someone wants your wheels bad enough then they are going to get them. Wheel locks offer next to zero protection anyways. The wheel lock key for my locks broke, leaving me unable to change, rotate, remove the wheels. I went to sears and bought a Craftsmen lug nut/wheel lock remover set. It came with 3 different size lug heads to fit anything from tiny Japanese lugs, standard sized lugs (for Exp's and Jeeps), and one that would be sufficient for tractor trailers. They all attach to a 1/2" drive and will remove any wheel lock I've ever seen very easily. So for $45 you too can remove any wheel lock too. Enjoy your new wheels bro!!!
Wheel%20Lock%20Removal_zpsr7occvk4.jpg

20110719201421.jpg

Back