Cluster swap problems

88cougar

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Limited AWD 5.0
Hello.

I just installed the white faced gauges from an 01 Sport-trac in my 99 along with a pillar pod. Thanks to all of the great posts here. I didn't swap clusters just the faces as outlined by Celly. My problem is how to properly calibrate the speedo. I tried 3 times and I am still off by about 10 kph (Canada eh!). What is the easiest way to do this. Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think there would a way to pull the needle back off than get going on a good open stretch of highway, get up to a certain speed checked with gps, and push the needle back on, , than go home and replace the plastic on the front,
is this possible ?

use 2 spoons and evenly take off the needles there are small clips under them. also incase you want to go back to the original cluster i can get white face overlays and the are super cheap. i am putting them on my truck this week and will start a post. with picks
As far as calibrating run the car for 5 mins after the needles have gone haywire which they will use the spoons and carefully pull them off and place them where you want. the piece the cluster and bezel back together

I have done that. All of my gauges are fine except the speedo. My tach is off by about 100 rpm but I can live with that. Is there any other way to adjust speedo other than while driving?

I have done that. All of my gauges are fine except the speedo. My tach is off by about 100 rpm but I can live with that. Is there any other way to adjust speedo other than while driving?

you should not have to drive to adjust it you should be able to calibrate it while just running and adjusting the needle. it could be from the line up of the new cluster but not really sure im sure there are plenty of people who have done this swap. that would know

Back