Colorado Color Run 09/2018 | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Color Run 09/2018

What dates in Sept Do you all want? Let us know what weeks you would like for the gathering.

• 09/08 - 09/15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 09/22 - 09/29

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey, we need to get this trip organized. LoL. I've noticed that most appear to be arriving before I am. So when will the group be hitting the trails? I may be able to leave earlier to be there Friday and Saturday, if thats when everyone else is going. But I need to know when is the best time slot. If everyone else is running the trails on Friday and Sat, I may need to rearrange my vacation time. What is the general consensus?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So my wife and I go every year usually the last week of August. We were already planning on being there and have KOA reservations from 8/26-9/2. We will be out on the trails all that week and can meet up with you all for Friday and Saturday. Or if anyone is going to be there earlier and would like to run trails with us they are welcome to. We will be doing Black Bear, Imogene, TomBoy, part of the Alpine Loop, California, Poughkeepsie, possibly Stoney and whatever else we can squeeze in.

A811CF40-A418-4A6C-8E0C-6E346C1FD88A.jpeg
8109F2BB-529A-4341-8100-B707CE41B461.jpeg
2D91021E-F503-48C2-8D73-F2A00A6902BA.jpeg
B7AF2655-0013-4BD2-B154-B6C09CCE7E17.jpeg
C5C7BBFB-17B4-4C46-82F5-EB427A1D063E.jpeg
BAAD437F-083D-448A-A93D-4616B367F9F3.jpeg

Oh yeah. I love it up there. I look forward to this week all year long. If you are going to be there all week you are welcome to tag along with us on trails unless you have other plans.

When you say "all week" which week are you referring to? I can't be there til Sat evening (Sep. 1). And its looking like everyone will be pulling out on Sunday or Monday. If I'm arriving the night before most everyone is leaving I may as well stay home and plan for next year... or Moab.

I am planning to be there Friday August 31th. Leaving Monday Sept 3rd. Not sure if I will get KOA or just primitive camping. Unsure right now.

Well this is looking bad. I tried to move my days off from the week (3rd to 7th) to 30th to the 5th. But its too late, too many other people have taken that time off ahead of me. Poor planning on my part.

Surprised you can even get a site at koa with such short notice. We had to book them 6 months in advance. They was always booked full.

If your all spread out, you might want to start figuring out what trails, and days your running them now. This way you can all find the trail heads in advance and set a meet time for each day.
Remember to fuel up each morning, and bring a lunch, with plenty of drinks.
Set a cb channel for all to use.
Don't forget your recovery gear.
You all have front and rear tow points, right?
Good spare tire, and a first aid kit, too, right?
Don't forget an air pump to fill your tires back up everyday.

Just some advice for those that haven't done anything like this.

When you say "all week" which week are you referring to? I can't be there til Sat evening (Sep. 1). And its looking like everyone will be pulling out on Sunday or Monday. If I'm arriving the night before most everyone is leaving I may as well stay home and plan for next year... or Moab.
So we had already made our plans before I knew about the trip that you guys were planning on here. All week as in 8/26-9/2
If any of you are arriving Friday night 8/31 and want to meet up for a Saturday run I’m down for putting some stuff together. I can lead a trail then that night depending on where you are staying you are welcome to join us for dinner at the KOA. I will have my motor home there and can plan on making Fajitas or something.

We are planning on leaving Sunday morning 9/2 to head home.

Maybe next year we can plan a little better and actually meet up with everyone.

Surprised you can even get a site at koa with such short notice. We had to book them 6 months in advance. They was always booked full.

If your all spread out, you might want to start figuring out what trails, and days your running them now. This way you can all find the trail heads in advance and set a meet time for each day.
Remember to fuel up each morning, and bring a lunch, with plenty of drinks.
Set a cb channel for all to use.
Don't forget your recovery gear.
You all have front and rear tow points, right?
Good spare tire, and a first aid kit, too, right?
Don't forget an air pump to fill your tires back up everyday.

Just some advice for those that haven't done anything like this.

What he said

Most of these trails are not that difficult, but you don’t want to be unprepared. They are at about 9,000 feet or higher, so anything weather related can happen. Rain, snow, hail, sunshine can all be expected. I carry tools, some spare parts, recovery gear, survival gear, first aid, fire extinguisher and both cool and warm weather clothes. I have ran all of these trails multiple times, so if you have any questions just let me know.

Also let me know when you will be arriving in Ouray and what days you want to wheel and what type of trails you are interested in. I can put together trail runs based on you and your rigs abilities.

Thinking this one will be a no go for me guys and gals. I am so sorry. Things have come up and they are not falling to place for me to be able to do this run. I will do what I can to make this happen again next year. Again I am so sorry guys and gals.

If anyone is still going, I'll try to make it down there Sunday and Monday Nights (come home Tuesday). If not, we should have a meet sometime closer to the Denver area (up around Idaho Springs or Georgetown)

I noticed a lot of you already booked KOA nights, but I was looking and found a free campsite outside of town. If I go, I probably will stay there. Ouray Free Campsite

That Will be where I will be staying Next year. I will be making this trip next year. Do not like the fact that things fell apart for me in getting up there to play around. Hopefully some time between now and then I will be able to get down there and check it out. It is about 5 hours give or take from my house.

I’m going but it will be sooner than the dates set. I will be there from 8/26-9/2

I am still planning on going work permitted of coarse. Only a short drive over the mountain for me. Should be there Friday the 31st until Monday. Primitive camping for me as I cant stand KOA type camping haha. I dont plan on doing anything too crazy in my rig as it is still my daily driver for work but would love to come out for some fun.

View attachment 161939

37360723_1988101374546943_7229137155598057472_n.jpg

So its that time of year already and I have the weekend off but this trip lacks some serious planning. Is this still happening? Where is everyone meeting and on what days? Anyone have a basic rundown of a route or places we want to visit?

I really was looking forward to joining this run but hate to drive 4 hours without knowing what the plans are.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back