Colorado Colors Run 2010 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Colors Run 2010

Where should CCR10 be held?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ran Yankeeboy yesterday

IMG_0012.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry about the two posts for this, but photobuck is being a pain.
Hit the Biergarten for a HefeWexin and some currywurst, then went and got one of those superduper hot fudge sundays, today is the Irish egg roll day!

IMG_0003.jpg

any updates for people makeing the run?

Brian, gonna hit Ophir and wait for you there Friday, if I am early, will just make a pot of coffee and wait till you arrive!!
Called work today, and don't need to be back early, so I will run sunday trails.

WiFi is a hit and miss here at the KOA, I should be able to check the forum before Friday at noon, but if I can't will meet on the trail.

Brian, gonna hit Ophir and wait for you there Friday, if I am early, will just make a pot of coffee and wait till you arrive!!

Sounds good! Like I said I expect to be there around 2ish to the Ophir trailhead. I can call you once I get closer if you want (I have your number).

I will PM my number to you.

Sounds good! Like I said I expect to be there around 2ish to the Ophir trailhead. I can call you once I get closer if you want (I have your number).

I will PM my number to you.

See ya at Ophir!! got your pm. good to go.

Today just ran million dollar highway and amphitheater, I thought amphitheater was a trail, but was hardball.

ScottyJ, thanks for the tip on the Irish egg rolls, they are awsome! Plus the owner gave a beer on the house, he remembered seeing me at the Biergarten yeasterday, and said we were the only two drinking.

Is it just Brian1 & unclemike this year?

Is anyone else attending?

Don't look like anyone else from the EF is going to be able to make it.

Is Mike Boyle going to make it? I'm curious what his truck looks like today.

No Mrboyle did not make it.

Well today was interesting and fun. Started Blackbear around 8:30 and there was no traffic! Very unusual. Got into Telluride and stopped for lunch then ran Imogene up. Mike, my Dad and I stopped to help an older fellow upright his dualsport bike after he dumped it on some rocks. He said he was fine but we could tell he was definitely shaken up. We ran down the other side and did some stuff I had never done before, a side trip to a mine and then crossing a waterfall. Got to almost the end when a Jeep friend of mine with us came over the radio and said she thinks her driveshaft broke on the last major rock climbs. She got to the end and it turns out the rear trac bar bracket broke. We got it ratchet strapped back together and went back into Ouray (which has no welders in town!). While we were fixing the Jeep a few Sheriffs and Medical trucks came down from Yankee Boy. We heard a side by side UTV crashed and killed a lady and the daughter was airlifted out :( Tons of traffic coming back down the hill due to the road being blocked for a while.

Uploading pics now...

One of these days I will make it out there. Thanks for posting the pics guys.

Awesome pictures! You guys have great weather.

At least I started building my bumper...

Today was fun, Mike and I covered a ton of ground as it was just us. We hit the dirt about 8:45 and a short hour and a half later we were in Animas Forks. We covered 3 mountain passes - Corkscrew to Hurricane to California - in that time. After stopping briefly in Animas we took on Minnie and Maggie gulches. These 2 trails were an up and back trail. There was an awesome stamping mill at the top of Maggie.

After we got back down to the main road we headed up yet another pass - Stony Pass. We wouldn't be making the pass but instead turned off on a side trip to the Tram House at the top of the mountain. The tram house was very cool but it was very windy and cold at the top. We went back down and then stopped in Silverton for a few minutes.

After Silverton we took 550 towards Ouray and turned off onto the southern end of the Red Mountain Mining Area Trail. This took us above timberline quickly and into the Alpine Tundra. Next up was the northern end of Red Mountain Mining Area Trail where we stopped at a number of old mine structures. Finally we reached 550 again and it was back to Ouray. 8 trails for the day.

The weather has been excellent and we have had the trails practically to ourselves! Only passed a handfull of vehicles and motorcycles.

I will upload more pics tonight...

How did that buggy do on Black Bear?

Just fine, it has cutting brakes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pics look great. Sorry I couldn't join you this year. :( Glad you two were able to enjoy the trip anyway.

Back