• Register Today It's free!

console cell phone mount?

Reaction score
City, State
Vacaville, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 limited (gone)
Hi folks;
I was wondering if anyone new where I could get one of those cell phone mounts that some of the explorers have? You know; the one that folds into the center console? I went to my local ford dealer and they told me that I would have to buy a whole console just to get the phone mount; and they want $300.00 for the console!!!! Damn; I already have the darn console; what do I need with another one?
I have a car kit for my cell phone, but I dont want to drill any holes in my ex just to mount the phone, and would rather put it in the console. Besides, with the places I work, it would be gone if I put it out in the open where it could be seen.
If anyone has any idea where I could get one, please let me know. Thanks folks.
George

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What type of cell phone do you have?

I'm not sure the stock mount is the best way to go, I know there is a professional install that can be put into the console.

Folks;
Thanks for the replies. Harry; yes, that is the one I am looking for. Do you know where I can order one? I have a nokia 5160 with a car kit and I want to mount the car kit to it so it can be folded into the console when it is not being used.
Thanks;
George

Try a wrecking yard to save $. If you cant find one, try fordpartsnetwork.com. Thats were I got the diagram from.

The part number listed on the picture was: 19A384

Just give torrie a description & he'll be able to find it for you.

Harry

I just wonder if it could be retrofitted.

Could be interesting.

I've often thought about installing a cigarette lighter in the tissue box holder and using the Startac handsfree kit I use in my Lexus. Its a cradle and it has a little boom microphone. Works pretty well.

Back