CoryL '91 4 Door Getting some Goodies!!! Complete off-road performance modifications. | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CoryL '91 4 Door Getting some Goodies!!! Complete off-road performance modifications.

94 4 Door SAS and More - CoryL

My new winter project.

I'm starting with a 94 4 Door with a 4.0. It had a D35 and 8.8" (obviously), A4LD, and a 1354.

The only thing in there that is staying is the motor. :cool:

The tranny is going to be a C5 followed up by a 4.3:1 Atlas 2.

The suspension is going to change too. Out with the TTB and in with a solid axle.

HP D60 front and a full floating D60 rear. Both have 5.13s and Detroits in them.

I am going to see how much lift the stock leaf springs give me with a SOA setup.

Up front will reside a 5 link setup with S-A-W coilovers.

Going to hack most of the front fenders away, relocate anything on the inner fenders and remove the inner fenders. Going to hack quite a bit in the rear, probably remove the seats and put the larger rear seat in the middle and use some drag race tubs to cover the hole I will leave.

It will be rolling on 38x14.5x16.5 TSL SXs mounted on Hummer Beadlocks (If my line on them stays open).

Look for pics to come soon as I get the Sploder in my garage this Friday!!!

My current wheeling rig has to go though. 87 Bronco II. Its listed in the For Sale Section!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm still undecided as to whether I want to chop part of the rear off for a wicked departure or keep it.

I was really leaning towards chopping it, but now I kinda like the look of it.

I have tubs right now. Its a matter of which path I am going to take as to how the tubs are installed.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

you have a pretty mean departure angle as it is now. I think you need to leave it so as to keep a "somewhat looking" stock explorer

Splash? You not driving on the 1st? If cory has too long a list you can always jump in my pass seat, it is empty at this point. Although if he hits the mean (body damage) trails you will have to find another rought for whatching him cause I ain't drivin on those! But I too would love to be able to find a ride to whatch on those.

Dale - you going on the 1st when cory goes?

Originally posted by taxxman2k
Splash? You not driving on the 1st? If cory has too long a list you can always jump in my pass seat, it is empty at this point. Although if he hits the mean (body damage) trails you will have to find another rought for whatching him cause I ain't drivin on those! But I too would love to be able to find a ride to whatch on those.

Dale - you going on the 1st when cory goes?

Yea, I'm parking it for that weekend. I want to be able to take some good pictures and a movie or two and I can't realy do that while trying to drive. Plus I figure Cory will be hitting the Orange and Pink along with Purgatory and there is no whay I would be able to follow his on those. I'll just stick out my thumb I guess and see who picks me up... no biggy.

yeah when he hits pink and purgatory I am planning on thuming it too. Never been to those so it will make for a fun ride with someone, hopefully. If there isn't enough room for riders maybe we need some nice hiking boots or mountian bikes! :D

Looks more like a rock buggy then an Xplorer. By the way I love the look of it (even though i would conceal the engine a bit). But the open doors and stuff looks sweet. GOOD!!! job!

Cory,
Just my humble opinion.

DO NOT CUT THE BACK OFF!

Do this, Just to make it look cooler than it already does.

1)Put the rear hatch back on minus the rear window.
2)Put nascar style window neeting on the hatch and rear cargo windows.
3)Get some fenders from Perry and some plastic to help cover the motor in the fenderwells.
4)Get the half doors or tubular doors put on, paint matched of course.
5)Put something in the back wheel wells, monster tubs, anything.
6)Attach a set of truck nutz cuz that is one bad mutha!

Just my humble opinion

visualizing.......visualizing......yes!!! that would be so awesome looking! go for it! :D

I'm not putting glass up front. When I roll it I will just crack it. LOL.

The rear is probably going to be tubbed soon, but I think the rear hatch will remain off.

Tube doors for the front are coming this weekend.

The front will be getting some stock steel fenders and I will cut them back.

Lets hope you dont roll:D

I like the fender idea.
Its your truck, just have fun with it!

Cory,

I think you should put the Hatch back on so people can see this Is an Explorer because it is kinda hard to tell otherwise.

Keep up the Good Work that is an Awsome Truck.

Cory You ought to sell some tube doors when you make yours. I would buy some from you for sure.

Cory, I would also buy tube doors as long as they hinged and latched. :D

Is this turning into a group purchase?:D

Count me in too.

LOL.

My truck will be a guide for the 1st Gen Explorers, but I would need someone with a 2nd Gen to stop by so I could make them for them.

They will be similar to the All-Pro doors and will bolt to the factory hinges and will use a latch. You won't be able to push the door and have it latch like you would stock however.

Tomorrow I am starting on them and will have pics after that.

Sweet. I am so in. This is what I have been looking for. www.CoryLkicksarse.com is this where I can place an order? :D

Back