CoryL '91 4 Door Getting some Goodies!!! Complete off-road performance modifications. | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CoryL '91 4 Door Getting some Goodies!!! Complete off-road performance modifications.

94 4 Door SAS and More - CoryL

My new winter project.

I'm starting with a 94 4 Door with a 4.0. It had a D35 and 8.8" (obviously), A4LD, and a 1354.

The only thing in there that is staying is the motor. :cool:

The tranny is going to be a C5 followed up by a 4.3:1 Atlas 2.

The suspension is going to change too. Out with the TTB and in with a solid axle.

HP D60 front and a full floating D60 rear. Both have 5.13s and Detroits in them.

I am going to see how much lift the stock leaf springs give me with a SOA setup.

Up front will reside a 5 link setup with S-A-W coilovers.

Going to hack most of the front fenders away, relocate anything on the inner fenders and remove the inner fenders. Going to hack quite a bit in the rear, probably remove the seats and put the larger rear seat in the middle and use some drag race tubs to cover the hole I will leave.

It will be rolling on 38x14.5x16.5 TSL SXs mounted on Hummer Beadlocks (If my line on them stays open).

Look for pics to come soon as I get the Sploder in my garage this Friday!!!

My current wheeling rig has to go though. 87 Bronco II. Its listed in the For Sale Section!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on old car like a old toyota they only have one. why is that? driver side. dude down the street has it.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

For the two mirrors, you can either have two outside mirrors, or 1 outside, and one inside rear view mirror.

oh ok thanks Rick for explaining that to me. never knew that. learn new stuff every day!

For those interested in keeping them legal, I can't guarantee you won't get pulled over, but I can make tabs to mount a mirror on the driver's side door. I'll do it on mine and let you see.

rims

Nice ass truck man, what backspacing you use on the rims?

were they custom wheels or just regular availale black steel wheels? member were you got them from at all?
i need a set with more backspacing.
Thanks, Howard

Originally posted by CoryL
These are 16.5x9.75" 8-lug Black RockCrawlers I got from 4Wheel Parts Memphis where we get a 10% discount.

Who is we?

No kidding? Just call and say Nick I am from Explorer4x4.com and I hear you give us discounts?

and what if you just spent $1100 there? Think I can get a credit there. I ordered over the net and included that I heard it from here but didnt see any difference in my bill

you have to buy from the memphis store

didn't even have to ask for it. I talked to Nick and told hime where I was from and he said I give you guys a discount!

You only get it through the Memphis store and you won't get credit for it.

His name is Nick Bomar. Gives discounts to the various boards (RRORC, TRS, here). He'll hook you up.

Any word yet on prices or other modifications you've done???

I was looking at your mock-up you made and thought I'd ask if you could add a cross member in the middle for more strength. Just a thought. Let us know as soon as you can. I'm running Holy Cross in July and I'd like to have a set before then.

Or you can just e-mail me and we can talk.

my e-mail

For everyone else who'd like to get a discount...my local 4wheel parts in Oakland, CA has a thing where you pay $50 for a lifetime membership. From then on everything is 10% off. They even have special sales for members where you can WIN an additional discount. They probably do this at all of the brick and mortar stores.

Back