Courtesy Lights Don’t Work

Chr0nicT

Reaction score
City, State
Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey!
This is my first post but I’ve been lingering here for awhile. I’ve been to numerous sites and checked pretty much all threads on this forum and I haven’t found anything.
I don’t know if this is important or not, but I do have an aftermarket fob.

It’s a 2004 Ford Explorer XLT.
When I open the door, no lights come on. The door ajar light on the dash does indeed work, however.
The lights come on manually. The rear-most dome light is a 3-way switch. I’m not sure what the 2 are (off and auto I presume) and one is on. But I’ve tried all those ways and that doesn’t trigger the courtesy lamps. I’ve checked fuse 15, 4, and 12 and they’re all fine.
What could be the issue?

thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey!
This is my first post but I’ve been lingering here for awhile. I’ve been to numerous sites and checked pretty much all threads on this forum and I haven’t found anything.
I don’t know if this is important or not, but I do have an aftermarket fob.

It’s a 2004 Ford Explorer XLT.
When I open the door, no lights come on. The door ajar light on the dash does indeed work, however.
The lights come on manually. The rear-most dome light is a 3-way switch. I’m not sure what the 2 are (off and auto I presume) and one is on. But I’ve tried all those ways and that doesn’t trigger the courtesy lamps. I’ve checked fuse 15, 4, and 12 and they’re all fine.
What could be the issue?

thank you!
I’m sure you have checked it but have you ever seen that little spider that dims the cabin lights? Next the headlights on the 02 atleast theres a slider that you can turn all of them on off or dim them at once

I’m sure you have checked it but have you ever seen that little spider that dims the cabin lights? Next the headlights on the 02 atleast theres a slider that you can turn all of them on off or dim them at once
Slider knob* not spider lol

I have. It dims the dash lights but turning it all the way up does not turn on my dome lights at all. Whether the door is open or closed.

I have. It dims the dash lights but turning it all the way up does not turn on my dome lights at all. Whether the door is open or closed.
The only things I can even think of is somewhere you got bad wires and or the dimmer switch itself has gone bad I’ve seen that on other forums on here sorry I can’t be of much help

Back