Cozmik's 'Stormy' Registry | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cozmik's 'Stormy' Registry

After purchasing my Explorer in January and discovering this forum I know more about my Ex than any other vehicle I've ever owned. The members of this community have taught me an incredible amount about the potential of our trucks and saved me countless dollars on repairs and modifications. With my Ex being a work in progress and much more work to be done I figured it was time to buy into the Elite Membership as a token of my appreciation and thanks for the continued support and information available at ExplorerForum. :D

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dremel tooled my lower air box yesterday. Added a K&N drop in and a MAgnaflow weld in muffler. Wow. What a difference!!!

Time for an SCT X-Cal3!!!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Been awhile since any updates. I have added 265/75R16 BFG All Terrain KO's, a 2.25"/2" Roadbully lift spacers, tow hooks, CB, etc. Between the tires and the spacers I actually achieved 4" total lift. I'm very happy with the results.

Now I'm trying to source or design some skid plates. I also plan on adding a selectable rear locker and an SCT tuner to round it all out.

Stock (October 2008):
EB1.jpg

Now (August 2009):
Afterlift.jpg

So much for leaving it stock or building a street truck. :)

Looks Great! good job.

Very nice Cozmik keep up the good work.

Thinking about pulling the lift and going back to stock height and stock wheels/tires...Can't wheel anywhere around here anyway so I may as well go stock/street whatever.....or keep it the way it is....or or or or............I have no idea what the hell I want to do....

Leaving it as it is is free so thats the route I'll go for now.

Last edited:

The lift is out. The 32's are sold. My brakes are shot. I picked up new brakes today.

Cross-drilled cadmium coated rotors and ceramic pads. Install happens on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing if there is an improvment in braking power over OEM. I will say that I was not thrilled with braking performance from the the time I got the truck.

Here is what the rotors look like. I'll get some before and after shots of the brakes as the work progresses. I will also be painting my calipers.

rotor.jpg

I switched to drilled and slotted rotors from R1concepts like a year ago, and they were far superior to the OEM pads and rotors. I think you'll be very satisfied with the new rotors and pads.

Let us know.

Justin

Good to hear!!! I priced out replacement parts at Part Source and for the cheapy "Economy Brand" it was going to be $400 for all 4 corners. A local shop quoted me $1000 to do the work (I don't flippin' think so!!! ) and then I found these cross drilled on eBay and thought 'why not try them?' So for $210 I got everything I need. And I will definately post what the stopping results are like when everything is back together.

Hello EF friends. After a bit of a break from auto forum life I'm going to become more active again. I haven't really been keeping up with anything in the last while and I fell way of touch.

My Ex has been causing me some grief as of late. Wheel bearings, speed sensors, battery, peeling paint etc. But I'm not here to ***** about it. I still love my truck and I'm going to fix it all.

Having had a break from here and spent some time on a few tech forums, I have to say, EF is most definitely a close community and behave like it. Yes we do have our disagreements, but in give 2 thumbs up to the Mods and Rick for keeping the trolls at bay. Serious Explorations is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise negative inter web experience. And to all of you that contribute I would like to thank you. You ALL, make this forum a good place to be.

(truck updates and pics will follow)

Last edited:

Spent some time cleaning the Ex today (not Joe Dirt kinda time but that will come). I remember reading one of his threads about cleaning with Magic Erasers. So I decided to use them on my tires lettering. I'm very impressed with how they work. Next will be some spots inside that I attack with them.

Got some pics snapped before it rained.

Clean2.jpg

Clean1.jpg

Looking good mate. You would of bumped me out of the may truck of the month comp! Came up a treat!

Looking good mate. You would of bumped me out of the may truck of the month comp! Came up a treat!

I'll have to watch your registry for updates. ;)

Sean99 kicked my arse in that comp and deservedly so. :DHahaha Great fun! I'll have to keep an eye out for the magic eraser, It's about the only mod I can afford right now!!!:D:thumbsup:

After poking through my own registry I realized I hadn't posted any newer interior pics. So, after cleaning it today and adding a double din JVC deck a while ago here are a few pics...

ExInterior1.jpg

And a closer one of the deck...

ExInterior2.jpg

This deck is great. Full iPod control, subwoofer controls, built in LPF and HPF, Bluetooth hands free and Bluetooth audio, plus an additional USB input. All in all very happy with this over my old Alpine.

*wow, I can see me in the deck reflection! Go Armor All!! :D

Haven't done much over the last 4 months or so other than neglect the truck. Paid for that this past weekend. 2 new front wheel bearings, new spark plugs, oil and filter change and a good wash. Next up is a good interior cleaning and then getting my roof re-painted. After I get all the maintenance/restoration work done then I can focus on some more performance oriented mods.

After reading what The Electrician has accomplished with Ursula I definitely want to take a page from his book with regards to added traction. Will be hopefully getting a rear TrueTrac installed by spring. After that we'll see about the front.

I'm also contemplating re-lifting the truck now that the BTF upper control arms are available to correct the suspension geometry associated with the spacer lift.

Anyways, just wanted to share. And it feels good to be focusing some energy on my Explorer. I've had my EB for just a hair over 3 years now, and I've NEVER kept a vehicle this long. I usually get bored after a year to a year and a half and get rid of it. I just absolutely love this truck and look forward to working on improving it.

4 hours on the interior today. It wasn't a JoeDirt level detailing, but it sure made a HUGE difference and made me REALLY happy. All I have left to do now are my upper ball joints on the front end and get my roof painted and then my 'restoration' (read: pay for my neglect) is done and then I can focus on more 'performance' oriented mods.

I'm certainly going back to 'maintain like a firetruck'......WAY easier and cheaper to deal with.

Just a quick addendum to this post, I thought I wanted to get rid of my Ex and get a new Jeep, or even a new Ex for that matter. Turns out my good ole EB just needed some TLC. I am once again totally happy and satisfied my 05.

Last edited:

Sweet mate!!! That "tape deck" look's awesome!:D:thumbsup:

love that head unit. got the same one. truck looks great!

love that head unit. got the same one. truck looks great!

Thanks. I love having my iPod and Sirius hiding in the glove box with full control through the deck. I hate having things stuck to the windshield.

Making some changes this weekend. Will be posting some updates when I'm done....

Sean,

If you're still contemplating a mild spacer lift and BTF arms, I did some measuring and was able to determine max limits to spacer height to avoid spindle/coil contact and rear axle grinding. Here's a thread with some information:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335266

Bottom line, looks like a 1"-1.25" front spacer and a 1.25" rear spacer is the max. I'm in the process of making some 1.25" fronts and 1" rears and will post in that thread when I have them installed and can verify the numbers with actual results.

Back