Custom intake i built today | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom intake i built today

So i thought it was hard getting speed parts for an X....Well there is even less out there for my new Axiom. So..... i built one, i built a high flow intake, i made the tube from 3" 304 stainless seemless tubing, and bought the couplers, and cone filter from a local speed shop. I decided to section and weld all the bends because i needed a bend radius that could not be bent by anyone @ me, and the diameter is always consistent. The whole tube was made from a straight piece of pipe, i thinkl it looks pretty tight. The finish is from a burnishing polishing tank we have at work. The seat of my pants test was VERY impresive, and the sound is awsome! I am doing a dyno run this weekend to see actual #s. I will let yall know. In all this only cost me $85, of corse this is not including my labor. Let me know what ya think.

intake1.jpg

intake3.jpg

intake4.jpg

intake2.jpg

Missing Parts

Looks great but your wife is gonna be pissed when she realizes the vent stack is missing off the top of the water heater...........

Re: Missing Parts

Originally posted by blueox
Looks great but your wife is gonna be pissed when she realizes the vent stack is missing off the top of the water heater...........
That's cold!:D

p.s. will he have to call the plumber if he has engine problems? j/k!

Re: Missing Parts

Originally posted by blueox

SSSHHHHH!! she has not noticed yet.:rolleyes:

Back