• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

347 RE-Power 1996 Limited AWD

blueka

Elite Pickler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 UK XL & 99 Sport V8
We had a look at these when we visited Orlando in November... want one in the worst way but the UK won't get them

Lovely looking vehicle

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

410Fortune

Mud Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 Slightly Modified
You can't modify the shit out of something and have trouble free daily driver type characteristics
I call BS
88 Bronco II modified the S&*t out of it...........most reliable most capable toughest truck back here, starts runs drives never asks for anything, nothing on the truck is stock except for the dash pad
I guess it depends on who's doing the building and what parts are chosen :)

ford99_1979

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
I call BS
88 Bronco II modified the S&*t out of it...........most reliable most capable toughest truck back here, starts runs drives never asks for anything, nothing on the truck is stock except for the dash pad
I guess it depends on who's doing the building and what parts are chosen :)
fair enough, it’s like the saying “your results may vary”.

410Fortune

Mud Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 Slightly Modified
Aint that the truth!
This BII was my test mule, it took quite a few setups to get her to be this reliable and capable.....now I could duplicate it easily and for about 1/8th the cost it took me to get here :)

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
Ditto, I beat the snot out of my vehicles for mail delivery, but they are more reliable than my coworkers, who all have stock later stuff. I just replace and upgrade as I see the need, and it works. My SPORT UTV will be reliable as I have it planned, with 500+hp. We'll see how the AWD and front axles/CV like that.

410Fortune

Mud Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 Slightly Modified
Troll already proved the AWD t case can handle some abuse.....for a while HAHAHAHAHA
Mail delivery is about the toughest race course you can put on of these rigs on.........

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
Troll already proved the AWD t case can handle some abuse.....for a while HAHAHAHAHA
Mail delivery is about the toughest race course you can put on of these rigs on.........
Yeah, I have had my right rear tire spin on my latest 98(177k miles), so the rear LS is worn out for sure. It only happens when the front tire is also on gravel etc, so it's an unusual feeling to spin a tire with AWD. I know one front is spinning too then, I just can't feel it.

What happened to Troll anyway? He never posted on the Explorer forums that I saw, and beyond about 2004 nothing seemed to come of his truck. Did he take it apart and restore it to near stock etc? I'd hoped to see any pictures of the headers, and other exhaust etc, but nothing turned up.

410Fortune

Mud Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 Slightly Modified
last I saw they made an aluminum intercooled intake dealio for that truck to squeeze more power, and then I heard something about it became a daily driver for one of the girls in the family? I am not sure...2004 was 16 years ago now can you believe it!!
Stuff legends are made of....I will never forget the video, people in the crowd are like what the heck is an explorer doing up there? and then it pulls a 10.5 in the quarter mile :) Jaws dropped

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
I will never forget the video, people in the crowd are like what the heck is an explorer doing up there? and then it pulls a 10.5 in the quarter mile :) Jaws dropped
trolls and clownz were both before my time. old mod svo found that video for me once, and the guy hit the brakes before the end of the 1/4. if you have that video, or know where it is, let me know

410Fortune

Mud Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 Slightly Modified
yeah because it you go under 11 they require roll cage, battery switch and all that stuff. During the video the truck had two 15" subwoofers in the back was AWD and still did 10.5 in the 1/4 with the brakes on!
Don't hate the player, hate the game!!

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
yeah because it you go under 11 they require roll cage, battery switch and all that stuff. During the video the truck had two 15" subwoofers in the back was AWD and still did 10.5 in the 1/4 with the brakes on!
Don't hate the player, hate the game!!
is it 11's or 10's? doesnt matter. a 2nd gen in the 11's is nuts even by todays standards. hell, im still having a hard time breaking the 12's!

brad, if you are still checking in on your old thread, motor and trans are still in my truck. i still have the shell of your truck. still to this day i cant bring myself to shred it. some parts went on my truck, so parts i sold to some members on here, and the drivers fender is on my sons 2000 sport that i think he never wants to part with now lol

410Fortune

Mud Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 Slightly Modified
I have no idea............... I'm going off my memory of events from years ago..........not exactly reliable intel
They proved a Fast explorer is not out of reach that is for sure
I have always wanted to build an AWD fox body stang thanks to Trolls old truck....maybe I will get a chance up here in Idaho...custom stuff for sure!

ford99_1979

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
Hey man, glad to hear some of my old explorer lives on.

this is my current Ford Fleet. My van is on its winter tire/wheel set up. Summer I run chrome rims with BFG AT’s

1F8EBA71-0FB3-4F5A-B856-71942FBAF235.jpeg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dono Need for Speed! 345
Dono Need for Speed! 831
R Need for Speed! 146
X Need for Speed! 46
'97 V8 Need for Speed! 26